Monitor reported refresh rate vs system [Technical LFC Debugging for VRR]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Monitor reported refresh rate vs system [Technical LFC Debugging for VRR]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 May 2023, 21:59

Kuscheln_Hammer92 wrote:
12 May 2023, 15:00
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
11 May 2023, 01:53
Kuscheln_Hammer92 wrote:
01 May 2023, 16:00
I think this is what I'm experiencing on my amd card actually. I'm trying to play halo MCC on fixed refresh rate for my backlight strobing. Enabling RTss causes much worse performance in fps and frametimes than simply using game fps limiter.
Fixed refresh rate does not LFC.

LFC is only used when VRR is turned on. (VRR is not fixed refresh rate).

Can you explain better? Your problem may be completely something else entirely, if you actually meant a non-VRR fixed refresh rate.
We can turn this into PMs if you'd prefer. Whenever I don't have RTSS enabled in any fashion besides monitoring stats, I experience drastic cuts to performance and utilization. Even without passive CPU enabled. Using the rivatuner framerate limiter or using scanline sync it prefers to instead just the framerates to half the refresh rate of the monitor rather than match it. This is when I'm pulling 200+ fps without them on. So I reconciled to using enhanced sync and letting framerates go above the fixed refresh rate but still limiting it with the in game limiter. The in game limiter so that it's not bouncing around a whole bunch and just having a nice level ceiling. Honestly, enhanced sync with the in game limiter was awesome. It was a grunt birthday bananza. lol
I prefer messages posted in public --

(Reason: It is the policy of talking publicly to get the extra views/support. Logically, a busy forum = more ad views = more people come to visit and participate = pays for the dedicated server/CDN services/etc)

You definitely have a clear problem but it is a different problem than the person in this thread; so your separate problem needs a new thread.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Kuscheln_Hammer92

Re: Monitor reported refresh rate vs system [Technical LFC Debugging for VRR]

Post by Kuscheln_Hammer92 » 13 May 2023, 16:15

That def makes sense .
Would you prefer it in in the input latency area? Where would it best be?