Dual G-SYNC monitors locks to 10hz.

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
frallan123

Dual G-SYNC monitors locks to 10hz.

Post by frallan123 » 04 Nov 2021, 18:04

I bought a new gsync monitor today so now im running two.
Acer Predator XB271HA and ASUS VG27AQ1A both are running same refresh rates(been trying 120-144-165) and are connected with DP cables.

On XB271HA I can enable refresh rate numbers on the screen which shows the current refresh rate.
My issue is that when I'm playing a game in windowed mode my second screen (ACER) will stay at 10hz and if I move my mouse over it will jump up from 10 to 30~.I also notice that the top part of the screen will start to flicker. This stops when second monitor gets focused by a click.

I tried starting an youtube video and then the hz locks to 24 and if I hover with my mouse on the actually video playing without clicking on the second monitor it bumps up to normal refresh rate ~160. If I just hover any other thumbnail or w/e it will lag and locks between 10-30.

I also noticed when I use the UFO test from blur busters the refresh rate will stay around 150-165 when the screen is not focused.

Anyone else having this issue or what can I do to solve it?