LFC stops working after sleep cycle - driver bug?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
LibertyPrime

LFC stops working after sleep cycle - driver bug?

Post by LibertyPrime » 28 Nov 2021, 11:04

Rig:
GTX 1070
LG 27GL83A connected via displayport (VRR minimum is 48Hz)
Win 10
driver: 496.76

Recently, (prior to driver 496.76) I have noticed that following a sleep cycle that LFC stops working. This takes a few cycles to stop working but once it has stopped working it won't start working again unless I reboot my PC or turn off then on gsync in the nvidia control panel.

Using the gsync pendulum demo this is easily replicable. Whenever, the framerate dips below 50FPS, VRR/Gsync is lost, there is obvious stuttering and the monitor OSD displays 50Hz no matter what the FPS is whenever the FPS goes below 50. By using the 40-60FPS swinging value, the monitor OSD Hz reads the same as the FPS until the FPS drops below 50 and the OSD stays stuck at 50 until the FPS goes above 50 again and the monitor OSD reverts to displaying the same value as the FPS and stuttering disappears.

When it is working correctly, the monitor OSD always stays above 50 and the framerate is appropriately doubled/tripled as shown on the OSD i.e. LFC is working perfectly.

Is this a known issue?

Are there any workarounds/known driver versions that don't have this issue?