Starcraft 2 and G-sync

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
CoMa

Starcraft 2 and G-sync

Post by CoMa » 06 Jun 2014, 06:37

I can't active G-sync with starcraft 2 can someone help me?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Starcraft 2 and G-sync

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Jun 2014, 18:47

Your Starcraft 2 might be running in full screen windowed mode. GSYNC doesn't work in windowed mode (even when it's a full screen borderless window).

However, NVIDIA showed off Starcraft running GSYNC at BlizzCon running GSYNC, so there is a way to make it work. Find out if you can switch away from this mode -- some games have different "Fullscreen" settings, and you need to go to a true full screen mode in order for GSYNC to work.

Did you try forcing GSYNC via the override?

Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

CoMa

Post by CoMa » 21 Jun 2014, 12:23

I did it, and i know sc2 works with G-sync but really mine don't active!
It's works with all games but not with sc2... i really dunno how to do...

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 21 Jun 2014, 23:21

CoMa wrote:I did it, and i know sc2 works with G-sync but really mine don't active!
It's works with all games but not with sc2... i really dunno how to do...
Set it under program settings too. If that doesn't work sometimes you just need to restart your computer and try again.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Jun 2014, 02:38

Some games want to run in maximized window mode, rather than as a true windowless full screen app. GSYNC is incompatible with windowed mode, even if maximized. See if Starcraft has a setting for this.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Danomite

Post by Danomite » 22 Jun 2014, 09:50

Is there really absolutely no way to get g-sync without full screen, cause that might very well be a deal breaker for me :(
Up until reading this I was seriously looking forward to that ASUS 1440p 144 Gsync screen.

I constantly multitask and love it when games offer fullscreen windowed mode.
Ideally whatever is in the foreground would control the refresh-rate, or even leave whatever refresh rate the game was last/still using.

CoMa

Post by CoMa » 22 Jun 2014, 12:47

In SC2 options, it's say it's fullscreen... how i can see if it's true?

CoMa

Post by CoMa » 22 Jun 2014, 12:56

I restarted, and nothing it's full screen, Diablo3 works....