Linux G-Sync support is here

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
RealNC
Site Admin

Linux G-Sync support is here

Post by RealNC » 09 Jun 2014, 11:26

Today, NVidia released a beta driver for Linux (340.17), which adds initial support for G-Sync monitors:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 6396/en-us
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

omgBlur

Re: Linux G-Sync support is here

Post by omgBlur » 09 Jun 2014, 13:08

As a former Linux user.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Jun 2014, 23:11

Cool! Support for GSYNC on Linux. Should be useful for Steambox devices when they arrive!

Blogged here:
http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync-suppor ... x-drivers/
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 12 Jun 2014, 00:57

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Cool! Support for GSYNC on Linux. Should be useful for Steambox devices when they arrive!
It's useful for all Linux machines, really. Not just Steamboxes (which is really just a Linux box that is set up to start Steam in Big Picture mode on boot; that's pretty much all there is to it.)
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.