Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Digital Foundry - CRT better then 4K OLED

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers. The masters on Blur Busters.

Re: Digital Foundry - CRT better then 4K OLED

Postby JKJK » 28 Oct 2019, 13:44

It's probably too small an amount to register on the geiger. But because there is NO SAFE quantity of radiation, the dose and its effects are cumulative over a lifetime. All those years in front of CRT playing quake, it has increased the odds of us getting brain/ eye cancer. :lol:
JKJK

Re: Digital Foundry - CRT better then 4K OLED

Postby Jason38 » 28 Oct 2019, 23:38

JKJK wrote:It's probably too small an amount to register on the geiger. But because there is NO SAFE quantity of radiation, the dose and its effects are cumulative over a lifetime. All those years in front of CRT playing quake, it has increased the odds of us getting brain/ eye cancer. :lol:

I'm the guy who owns over a 1000 Incandescents! There is risk from those as well because of the glow/flicker they have over your lifetime. That is a risk I am fine with even CRT is a risk I am fine with because most LED feels like death to eye's and body. I do prefer my Plasma TV over my CRT though and find it easier on my eyes. Everyone has different vision though and for some reason my brain/eyes don't do well with LED.
Jason38

Previous

Return to Area 51: Display Science, Research & Engineering