As I can guess or speculate what I want. I have done your ufo test whit four colors, and you can see that at the center of the 30 and 15 fps line, you can see colors of the right ufo. This is the video.
What I thing is happenig is that you need two light emitters (horizintally) at the left and two at the right at a certain distance and a speed Edited: not certain speed, light speed. Edited: As you can't move a light emitter at the speed of light you have to turn on and turn off light emitters at a certain distance to get a continuity. Like frames are doing. To see the wave of light. Is like the waves are doing a screen between them as the light can only be seen if its reflected. Edited: The fist and the third frane are the screen, and the scond and fourth what you see as them have more intensity. So you can see the second frame and maybe the third behind the second and the fourth so you see a mix. And maybe the frame you see is the last with the other three behind, as minimum, with less intensity.
And you need an enough distance between frames as the intensity of the waves is mixed and if its to low the waves can't be seen. So that you need 12fps to se the movement and with less you only see the frames jumping between distances. So the light as a wave maybe is what is doing the "illusion of movement" and is the what you call blur.
So that if you see the ufos patern between the four ufos of the 30 and 15 fps line, and you use the wave function and it can explain the patern, is that it is the light as a wave. As I don't know about physics I can't calculate it to confirm this.
And I am not saing is like that, but it seems for me and an expert could confirm it.
Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers & Advanced Display Articles on Blur Busters. The masters on Blur Busters.
- Chief Blur Buster
- Site Admin
- Posts: 9829
- Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
- Location: Toronto / Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
It is good to ask questions.
But you miss the point.
You misunderstand me.
It's more about etiquette.
Think of the purpose of a school classrooms.
One student asking the teacher questions for 30 minutes means the teacher can't teach other students for 30 minutes from the existing course plan. The class is interrupted because of an endless stream of questions from one student.
Even though I type more than 100 words per minute, it` takes a lot of time for me to write these posts, and I've sent more than 4 hours answering your questions. I enjoy answering -- but I have to ask you to govern your number of questions out of etiquette and respect. TestUFO has tens of million views annually and I have to teach everybody the best I can, with the most simplified terminology possible, sometimes in a more Popular Science way, that overcomes language barriers.
Think of the purpose of homework.
Doing more homework means you can ask the teacher fewer questions. You learn more which means you understand more. Read more & understand more.
Excessive amount of guessing and speculating in a classroom only annoys the teacher.
You have to do more homework first.
It's rude to steal too much time from a teacher in a classroom;
This forum "Display Science, Research & Engineering" is not Twitter.
This forum "Display Science, Research & Engineering" is not Facebook.
This forum "Display Science, Research & Engineering" is not a hobby forum.
This forum "Display Science, Research & Engineering" is a more VIP forum.
We are a different system here, I've clarified by highlighting existing rules for Area 51.
I want to inform you that this thread is temporarily locked I have time to answer the next question that you posted earlier;
I will try to answer your next question in a few days.
You have great questions. But for the Area 51 Discussion Forum (VIP), please throttle and slow down your questions;
If you have everyday display questions, please post them in General where other people can answer you. Like questions about a monitor issue, or other. However, Area 51 Forum is more of a VIP forum with stricter classroom rules.
I invite you to take the time (of this locked thread) to study more homework before asking your next question. Fewer questions because you've done more homework (to answer other easier-to-answer questions). You must treat Area 51 like a classroom & respect the teacher's time. Area 51 -- the metaphorical cathedral of Blur Busters -- is treated differently from the other topic areas.
If you want to speculate more, please build scientific experiments and study how to use a pursuit camera (not just a stationary camera, and not just screen capture). Being a responsible student and researcher requires more burden of evidence. Although we currently aren't creating a scientific paper out of this thread, it's far beyond a discourse you'd see on Twitter/Facebook, so there are rules here. That is the price of everyday admission to this "Aera 51" forum.
I am crossposting the rule already published, with the question rate highlighted. This is also a forum-wide rule but required of Area 51.
By registering for this forum, you already agreed to abide to forum rules. Speculating leads to excessive questions that exceeds forum rules on question rate.
Sure, there are situations where one can prove me wrong -- I'm not infallible (but I am rarely). To prove the teacher wrong, you need to do more than 10x the number of hours. For example, to rebuttal a 4-hour Chief Blur Buster post, you need to do 40 hours of a scientific experiment and tabulate your results, to prove your point. You have to also use 3 or 4 concurrent techniques including a pursuit camera, a blind test, and other scientific methodology. Do not speculate unnecessarily unless you are prepared to invest the extra hours in homework in this classroom.
Although this is a pretty surgical enforcement, your statement of "I can speculate all I want" earned you a temporary thread lock. Like a teacher asking you to leave the classroom temporarily because you asked too many questions.
Thank you for your patience -- am excited to answer the next question. But give me a few days to reply.Existing Already Published Forum Rules wrote:Blur Busters Forum Happy Forum Guidelines
This forums covers everything under our motto, Everything Better Than 60Hz™
The "Be Nice" Motto
That Includes Being Nice To New Users
Blur Busters Forums launched December 2013. This forum has quickly become one of the most intelligent discussion forums about high end gaming displays on the Internet. Few rules have been established thus far. Yet, people are remarkably well-behaved around here despite the lack of forum rules. These are mostly guidelines, rather than hard-and-fast rules.
Better safe than sorry; as we aren't a darknet forum, nor political. Just geek talk, computer talk! So we are creating very reasonable, lightweight forum-specific guidelines and rules! We hate setting too many rules, but obviously, a few reasonable rules are needed to prevent the place from becoming unpleasant. Keep things ship shape, make things tick-tock better, makes this place a happier place. We like this being the ultimate geek hangout for "better than 60Hz" technology, attracting technically minded people and their admirers. The forum moderators here are volunteers (aka unpaid), so take it easy on them;
Be Nice: This Forum Is Welcoming
- Behave nice and courteous
- We prefer to err on the side of creativity.
- We welcome intelligent reviewers from other sites.
- We welcome intelligent game bloggers.
- We welcome game developers.
- We welcome display engineers.
- We welcome scientists and researchers.
- We make newbies feel welcome.
- We welcome relevant company reps, display companies, game companies, to help users as a responsible "tech support" role.
- We are OK with reasonable amount of welcomed link posting (Example: sharknice and his link to eliteownage.com)
- One link in signature is okay.
- Posting reasonably occasional links to your gaming blog is fine at Blur Busters. We do not consider it spam, as long as it is content that our users want, and is not an obvious attempt to sell (e.g. like your own online shopping site).
Be Nice: Some Obvious Common Sense "Be Nice" Resonable Rules
- No spamming (of the viagara fame, nigeria fame, etc).
- No classified ads, no buy/sell/trade ads.
- No fighting, no flaming, no name calling, no hate speech.
- No politics, no expressions of political affiliations. This is gadgets and geek talk, not politics.
- No direct affiliate links than ours. Affiliate codes are automatically removed/replaced.
- No trouble making, no wanton flame baiting, no major controversy that sparks impolite argument/escalation.
- No shaming/scolding of other forum members, including to newbies asking common/silly questions.
- No NFSW content. Don't worry, mainstream videogames are not NSFW
- Be easy on sarcasm / memes / etc to others. Many memes can carry a lot of baggage from social media..
- No clickbaits. That includes using Bitly to hide an URL that doesn't make the other person feel good.
- No generally making this forum unpleasant. Be nice and courteous.
- We err on the side of keeping you a forum member. We want bans to be rare, but we may edit & tone-down rude/unpleasant posts.
***Note: intentionally highlighted for Area51***
- Keep it easy on question rate / question speed. Asking or repeating many dozens of questions will overload volunteers.
- Images and avatars should comply with all above rules (e.g. no ads, no politics, etc).
- Manufacturer reps are welcome (company logo is okay for avatar, inquire to squad[at]blurbusters.com for rep higlights).
Be Nice to new users. Be polite and helpful
- Please help newbies politely.
- If you see duplicate thread or repeat question, be helpful anyway. Even if it's just a polite link.
- If you see a post you know the answer to, go ahead and reply! Save Chief Blur Buster (me) time.
- Don't overload Chief Blur Buster (me). Where possible, please POST your questions publicly, not by private messages.
- The famous replies by Chief Blur Busters, while often quick, is not guaranteed quick (this Forum isn't the chief's main job). I can be generous with fast replies in bursts, but sometimes I get busy, and sometimes I disappear for days at a time, doing other full time work.
Be Nice: No Abuse of PMs
- Where possible, please send only one new PM per day to Chief Blur Buster. (Unless it's a reply to a brand new PM, or an emergency such as a forum malfunction).
- The forum is too big/busy for Chief Blur Buster to always reply to all threads. Replies to threads are not guaranteed on this volunteer-run forum. Other moderators or other forum members will pitch in.
Be Nice: Posts are subject to edits (usually minor) that enhance the forum.
- Confusing/incomplete topic titles is often helpfully edited to improve clarity. [usually within brackets]
- If heavy advertising/pimping of usefully relevant sites is noticed, we may ask you to become a paid sponsor of Blur Busters Forums. Or send me a PM.
- If multiple people say you are spamming (but not unamiously), we may ask you to tone things down and/or we may edit your posts to tone down pimping.
- NFSW content may be bleeped out. We love some of them, but the parents (of some otherwise intelligent, mature 17-year old members) might throw a fit at me, you know? So, just focus on the other fun Blur Busters stuff.
- Widely disliked spam/violations may be deleted/closed. (e.g. repeatedly pimping cross posted duplicate links daily)
- Other edits may occur, on a case-to-case basis. We try to avoid edits where possible, but we like to do edits that makes this forum a nicer & happier place.
- Vigorous debate is totally welcome! But be courteous/polite. We like "Understandable observations, but did you consider this variable..." rather than rudely as "What misguided observations, you are totally wrong, because". Please see above.
- Links to Amazon/Stores: You're welcomed to post mainstream-store links such as manufacturer stores, Amazon links, and NewEgg links. All links posted by all forum members are automatically converted to a Blur Busters affiliate link, that sustains the costs/operations of Blur Busters. (Thank you for supporting Blur Busters!)
Be Nice To Original Posters
- Please, do not "thread-crap".
- If your disagreement is fierce enough that multiple people complains to the moderator team, your post may be moved to a separate thread.
- Just like dueling science papers, please consider posting very major rebuttals in separate threads.
- Decision on what defines "thread capping" is the moderator's team decision. Please respect the moderator decision.
Be Nice Around Here And You'll Be Okay
-- Some of these rules have never been broken at Blur Busters before, because forum members around here are generally far more cordial than the average forum. We try to greatly err on the side of caution, but as the forum expands, it is quite possible that some forum members may try to make things unpleasant around here. If that happens, just send me (or another moderator) a PM.
-- Generally, we do our best to always avoid perma-bans where possible, except in very extenuating circumstances, where a single forum member makes life unpleasant for multiple people at Blur Busters, and ignored warnings. Or has done obvious widely-unwanted spamming (Kitchen renovations/chinese herb/viagara spambots) that warrants an immediate ban on first post.
-- Temporary bans may occur at any time (e.g. if a forum member repeatedly hurts multiple peoples' feelings) to try to "settle things down". Do not take offense if you got temporary banned, you're welcome back if you calm down & re-read the above. Okay? You might be asked to re-read the above, and answer some simple fun skill-testing questions about forum rules.
-- From time to time, I sometimes look for experienced forum moderators. Sometimes we also look for blog/article writers/testers/reviewers. Preference is given to those people who have extreme interest in Blur Busters knowledge. I like people who already has the ability to answer the famous "Blur Busters" flavor of questions, such as understanding how strobe backlights work. Want a bit of Blur Busters fame? Send me a PM/email of your moderator CV and blogger/review site experience.
-- Feel Free To Help Out. This forum is moderated by volunteers. If you already know a good answer to a thread, you're encouraged to reply without waiting for others to reply first.
-- Universal forum language is English, the language of international commerce. Please post in English, use Google Translate if necessary.
Mind you, these rules will dynamically change over time, as necessary
...to keep Blur Busters Forums a fun and happy geek hangout!
Thank you so much,
Chief Blur Buster
Share time respectfully: Take turns. It's my turn to answer a question of yours, and I will answer your earlier question in a few days. When I do, I will unlock the thread so you can reply. Thank you!