Mechanism by Which BFI smoothes out 24FPS

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers & Advanced Display Articles on Blur Busters. The masters on Blur Busters.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Mechanism by Which BFI smoothes out 24FPS

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 May 2023, 22:58

Futuretech wrote:
05 May 2023, 00:12
I'm sure that top part kinda self-answers the entire bottom. But I'd like to express my theorems because I'm surprised other methods of scanning have not been much delved into at a higher level or even a company or research level.
You'd be surprised at what hundreds (probably thousands) of display engineers already tried.

The artifacts that resulted means that 9 out of 10 custom algorithms never got released publicly nor even got a research paper.

Your post is a bit too long for me to parse during crunch-time (I'm working on a large contract), so I apologize if I don't have a response (yet) to the rest.

So I should caveat to other users, that this post is essentially flagged at "Not Yet Reviewed by Chief Blur Buster" -- but I'll see if I can parse your post more fully sometime after DisplayWeek 2023 this month.

Your post is just shy of 3000 words (17 kilobytes) which possibly enters the top10 biggest forum post here in Area 51!

Give me time. Your multipage post size is the same size as a "Display Engineer Proposal PDF File" reviewing I usually get paid four-figures for when working for a display manufacturer client, but I'll do it for you for free -- eventually. I welcome large walls of text here when it discusses display concepts -- but this breaks a record size-vs-time-management threshold so my review and response has to be queued to a calmer time for Blur Busters.

Mind you, if I start a Patreon for donations, I'd love to spend more time parsing these indie things -- but I gotta catch up from my business losses during the pandemic (it's also why the coverpage of the website is quiet: I'm sadly busy on other stuff that earns money). Mea culpa...

Keep visiting this forum and keep checking (make sure you log in regularly; your last login was May 5th)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Futuretech

Post by Futuretech » 19 May 2023, 23:32

At Mr.Rehjon I mostly go a rambling mess. My post might be more food for thought. You might be left with at least he is thinking in a deeper way. Lacking the finer professionalism or scientific wording behind it. I do try and simplify stuff not unlike what you've done with some of your postings though sometimes making it easier to conceptualize kinda kills the higher states and requires additional explanations.

If you wish to delete the post for clarity of thread sake. Cool if not that's okay.

And yes I type a lot one of my major issues lack of succinctness and punch. And it's like I said a bit of a rambling mess. I've never been a forum poster in fact my last forum I visited and actually interacted i.e. signed up was the mechanical keyboard revolution of the prior decade. I kinda lost track of the forum as some people were spending a lot of money on keyboards.

I kinda broke a rule I made for myself and a friend of mines follows. Never join forums, we study, read, investigate, go everywhere. Particular in my case with my gaming days like mousepads or mice or CRT vs LCD or keyboards or peripherals.

But I always had my questions answered or can just study and learn. It has happened before I find myself less on something and then I find out or similar things exist. In fact it's not Google-fu meme, it's Search Engine meme. As I would in my past scour a lot of things.

I appreciate being a interacting member from time to time. But it's not a pro-level or scientific-level. Perhaps more of a philosophical, intellectual understanding. Perhaps I can't code nor hack nor do this and that. But I do have an odd amount of information from my research.

Like for example I'm surprised no one made an FPS joystick like the old PanterXL in Quake 3 or joystick/trackball or mouse gamers in Quake, Unreal, and a few of the more accessible FPS games. Which can handle the joystick particular with analog movements the very same property of having console analog with mouse/trackball superiority.

Seems weird in fact the size of a joystick hinders the speed. But a small stubby stye almost sports gearstick transmission style would be interesting. I was in the past searching a lot for improving my game and delving into old-school stuff. Even stuff not even talked at all.

In fact one of my most mouse moments was someone suggesting a return to old mechanical ball mice with modern sensors the most advanced being the Razer Boomslang 2000 release. Apparently they were going I appreciated the mechanical feedback.

Yeah mechanical ball mice some old school and obscure forum places talked about that. Kinda like the Vogons post someone linked on a gaming site talking about Aureal for the old Aureal 1.0/2.0 and how 1.0 was kinda okay not great and hackable to use with other sound cards hence chaotic wavetracing. And then 2.0 came out and people are who remember like we really need a new Aureal in modern times, I miss the old Aureal days as many stated.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 May 2023, 03:33

Futuretech wrote:
19 May 2023, 23:32
If you wish to delete the post for clarity of thread sake. Cool if not that's okay.
I am now back from DisplayWeek, but I'm still catching up;

Area51 posts are quite valuable to Blur Busters. I don't remove this category post, even if they go unanswered for a while. Display technicals (Area 51 material) is considered the special sauce of Blur Busters. Posts by you often generate replies by me, that other people tell me is very interesting to read. Sometimes elements of my past forum posts, even go on to become future article material, after more polishing/curation. There are material that sometimes I replied to months later, that eventually went on to be incorporated into some flagship Blur Busters articles.

But if I forget a few weeks into June, please do ping me (PM). When I do too many things at once -- I'm more scatterbrained than the absent minded professor -- so bear with me.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!