Motion sync and 8k polling rate

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers & Advanced Display Articles on Blur Busters. The masters on Blur Busters.
Klaceyes

Motion sync and 8k polling rate

Post by Klaceyes » 07 Feb 2024, 12:42

Hi there :D

I'm searching informations about how exactly behave the motion sync feature that appeared in the (3370? not sure) sensors.
I got that the tech allows for better signal stability on all signals sent at a specific time, but what i'm not sure is how will it behave on a 8000 polling rate mouse.

I'm reffering to a message sent by a EndgameGear employee (not sure where, probably on Reddit seeing how the buttons are made), that you can check here : Image

What i'm wondering is, considering there can be two data points per polling events at 4000 polling rate, a 8000 polling rate should double the capacity of those data points, right? If so, is it possible that the motion sync can or can't go past that limit of two data points and ignore for example 4 points per polling events and making the pc not receiving the extra datas and making no improvement on the polling rate increase?
As there will be new updates for some existing mices, like the G-Wolves 4k compatible or even on the newest mices like the WL Mouse beastX products, i think it's a good thing to start thinking about how those companies should improve their techs to follow those that aren't perfect as they are (if it's really the case here).

I'm also wondering if they'll have to improve the motion sync by creating a new ittération that will work better if the scenario that i've point previously will make no difference on the 8k polling rate ones, but only time will give the answers i guess (motion sync+ ?).

Aeodyn

Re: Motion sync and 8k polling rate

Post by Aeodyn » 13 Mar 2024, 19:23

If it's relevant, I've recorded the USB traffic of my dav3pro with Wireshark a bunch and there's always one more request packet (from the PC) before each response packet (from the mouse). Meaning, at 8kHz, the nth response is roughly 125μs after the (n+1)th request.

Klaceyes

Re: Motion sync and 8k polling rate

Post by Klaceyes » 16 Mar 2024, 08:28

Aeodyn wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 19:23
If it's relevant, I've recorded the USB traffic of my dav3pro with Wireshark a bunch and there's always one more request packet (from the PC) before each response packet (from the mouse). Meaning, at 8kHz, the nth response is roughly 125μs after the (n+1)th request.
Yo ! thanks for your feedback :D
If i understood well, it means that the tech doesn't really works better than if the polling was at 4k ?