Looking for a driver board for M236HGE-L10 LED LCD

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers & Advanced Display Articles on Blur Busters. The masters on Blur Busters.
Klocman

Looking for a driver board for M236HGE-L10 LED LCD

Post by Klocman » 26 Mar 2018, 12:23

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in. I tried searching for similar questions but didn't find any answers.

What I have is essentially a M236HGE-L10 panel (Size:23.6", Resolution:1920*1080) from a SyncMaster SA300. The board died, and I'm looking for something better than 75Hz (max you can overclock on Samsung displays, as you probably know).

Are there any driver boards without scalers (so only straight DVI) I could buy to drive this panel? All I could find is some questionable controllers that I doubt would manage more than 75Hz, if even that.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a driver board for M236HGE-L10 LED LCD

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Mar 2018, 14:41

It's usually very hard to buy bare controllers except from sites such as those -- sometimes I buy two things from Aliexpress and one of the two actually works perfectly for my needs. (e.g. I needed to buy multiple different firmware-upgraders for BenQ Zowie monitoirs). The good thing though is you can get 2 or 3 parts to try, for less than the price of reaching out to a manufacturer and buying a repair part directly (if they will let you)...

So stuff I get from Aliexpress actually work for needs -- but it depends on what you are looking for.

Those kinds of online parts bazaars tends to usually be the best place to get standalone parts for cheap. But the "know if it will work" is extremely hard, unfortunately, and you may have duds (e.g. wrong connector, wrong chip, etc).

Sometimes reaching out to the parts manufacturer on Alibaba and Aliexpress actually works too. They are some of the more reputable Chinese electronics parts "online bazaars". The Alibaba one is a more direct hotline to manufacturers though. With direct email contacts. They may actually even be able to answer questions -- sometimes in very clear English too -- while others don't speak English very well (e.g. mostly China market). But use a temporary email address because chinese anti-spam laws are different from our country's -- so you might be put on a mailing list (spam) that's hard to get yourself removed from. Some of them are really very helpful!

Gearbest is another (non-Chinese) one but it's better for things like phone parts, etc. Alibaba/Aliexpress is better for monitor parts for solo panel hackers.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!