Shutter Glasses - Active 3D Displays Like NVIDIA 3D Vision

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers & Advanced Display Articles on Blur Busters. The masters on Blur Busters.
rustyk

Re: Shutter Glasses - Active 3D Displays Like NVIDIA 3D Visi

Post by rustyk » 21 Jan 2019, 11:20

The projector is the only display active on my setup during testing, but I am currently running it via an AVR. I still need to try it direct from the pc, although other users with other similar projectors are having the same problem and I don't believe they are all hooked up via AVR. Regardless, I do still need to rule that out.

I have a Huawei P20 Pro which does have a 960fps mode, I did already record some videos but they made no sense to me! Is there something specific I should record?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Shutter Glasses - Active 3D Displays Like NVIDIA 3D Visi

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Jan 2019, 01:32

rustyk wrote:The projector is the only display active on my setup during testing, but I am currently running it via an AVR. I still need to try it direct from the pc, although other users with other similar projectors are having the same problem and I don't believe they are all hooked up via AVR. Regardless, I do still need to rule that out.
Yes, please try direct connection.
rustyk wrote:I have a Huawei P20 Pro which does have a 960fps mode, I did already record some videos but they made no sense to me! Is there something specific I should record?
Don't try to interpret it, leave the video interpreting to me.
(1) You need a fully-high-def 960fps sensor like the Sony sensors used in the Samsung.
(2) The P20 uses a Twixtor-style technique to help assist in 960fps which can limit P20's suitability for Scan Out filming tests.

The typical action is to film 960fps www.testufo.com/scanout then film 960fps www.testufo.com/scanout again through the lens of the shutter glasses. There will be the characteristic color flickering of the temporal dithering of the DLP and the DLP color wheel, but it may provide me with some insight. However, you will need to use a true-960fps sensor other than the one in the P20
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!