Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

ARTICLE: Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Displays

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers. The masters on Blur Busters.

ARTICLE: Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Displays

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 24 Sep 2019, 15:06

It was time for me to write one of those flagship Blur Busters articles that the advanced readership loves so much -- and perks the ears of educated writers, researchers & scientists.

The Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Displays
From Blur Busters Display Lab: Flaws of the humankind invention of the 'frame rate' and 'refresh rate': Properly milking the diminishing curve of returns towards future retina refresh rates.

Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ARTICLE: Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Display

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 24 Sep 2019, 15:07

Wow --

Even at this early juncture, this article is apparently getting rave reviews by Blur Busters twitterverse, including employees of NVIDIA and media websites (e.g. Digital Foundry). I try to explain things better than the average website!

Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ARTICLE: Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Display

Postby Jason38 » 24 Sep 2019, 19:00

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Wow --

Even at this early juncture, this article is apparently getting rave reviews by Blur Busters twitterverse, including employees of NVIDIA and media websites (e.g. Digital Foundry). I try to explain things better than the average website!

Congrats! You deserve this praise! If it wasn't for you and your website I don't think I would have ever figured out why I couldn't tolerate LED screens. Now I can use a LED monitor with no issues and I'm pretty sure I have narrowed down what my exact issues are for buying future monitors. I'm so glad that you educate the right people so they can make better products.
Jason38

Return to Area 51: Display Science, Research & Engineering