mouse button LED circuit

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers & Advanced Display Articles on Blur Busters. The masters on Blur Busters.
flood

mouse button LED circuit

Post by flood » 26 May 2014, 14:42

chief, could you provide details for the mouse modification mentioned here?
http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/preview2/

Did you just hook up wires to the button sensor or to the usb cable?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: mouse button LED circuit

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 May 2014, 09:23

Direct hard-wire to the button, in series with a 3V button cell for LED power supply. I opened up the mouse and soldered two wires, one on each side of the momentary button contacts for the left mouse button. Made a hole in the mouse case for these two wires. Connected the wire direct to a LED and 3V button cell. It is essentially a separate circuit loop only sharing circuit via the existing button contact in a common-ground manner with the mouse. Super duper simple, and guarantees electrical parity with the mouse button timing.

I'll sketch up a diagram this week, and post a new BlurBusters article as reviewers have asked about his technique.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

flood

Re: mouse button LED circuit

Post by flood » 27 May 2014, 12:45

alright thanks.

I've been thinking of measuring input lag using a photodiode + that LED circuit and feeding the signals to my soundcard for timing.