8000Hz diy teensy mouse

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers & Advanced Display Articles on Blur Busters. The masters on Blur Busters.
Trip

8000Hz diy teensy mouse

Post by Trip » 27 Oct 2021, 17:57

Hello everyone,

Not sure how relevant this is for display engineering but I would like to share a small project I made involving a diy native 8000Hz mouse.
It uses a teensy 4 microcontroller and a glorious model O mouse. The teensy 4 supports USB high speed so native 8000Hz is possible with that microcontroller. It does not even need any custom windows driver or anything.
I also included a hardware debouncing method using both the NC and NO pins from the microswitches.
This gives a noise free but instant responding microswitch since no software debouncing is required. Without using any fancy optical switches!

https://github.com/Trip93/teensy4_mouse

kyube

Re: 8000Hz diy teensy mouse

Post by kyube » 30 Oct 2021, 20:50

Trip wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 17:57
Hello everyone,

Not sure how relevant this is for display engineering but I would like to share a small project I made involving a diy native 8000Hz mouse.
It uses a teensy 4 microcontroller and a glorious model O mouse. The teensy 4 supports USB high speed so native 8000Hz is possible with that microcontroller. It does not even need any custom windows driver or anything.
I also included a hardware debouncing method using both the NC and NO pins from the microswitches.
This gives a noise free but instant responding microswitch since no software debouncing is required. Without using any fancy optical switches!

https://github.com/Trip93/teensy4_mouse
You should cross-post this to OCN's mice subforum and/or to r/mousereview, you'll attract much more attention to this amazing project you did!
Splendid work!

Trip

Post by Trip » 31 Oct 2021, 08:51

kyube wrote:
30 Oct 2021, 20:50

You should cross-post this to OCN's mice subforum and/or to r/mousereview, you'll attract much more attention to this amazing project you did!
Splendid work!
I probably should, qsxcv also posts a lot of these kinds of projects on OCN. Thanks for the tip.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Nov 2021, 22:48

Feel free to back-post a link to this thread on Blur Busters Forums — we like seeing new members doing DIY projects in the temporal domain.

Blur Busters is temporal-everything (Hz, GtG, MPRT, lag, VRR, poll, frametime, etc) and we love these threads!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!