Overclock : Agon AG271QX

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
davidoo

Overclock : Agon AG271QX

Post by davidoo » 15 May 2018, 11:49

Hey

I just bought this monitor and wondered if it would be possible to overclock this monitor?
I tried creating a custom resolution in CRU - but i can only manage to get a 4hz increase. (from 144hz 1440p)
If i try a higher setting on native resolution it gives me the following message; "input not supported"

I heard it should be possible to overclock it to 165hz at least.

Also... I mainly wanna overclock it for csgo - so if i can play at a lower resolution with a higher refresh rate.. that would also make me happy.

Btw: i already "installed" the AMD/ATI pixel clock patcher.

The only things i've tried changing so far in CRU has been the resolution and refresh rates.

I'm using the displayport cable that came with the monitor on my r9 nano gpu.

Hope that someone can help me.

lexlazootin

Re: Overclock : Agon AG271QX

Post by lexlazootin » 16 May 2018, 04:56

So overclocking a lot of modern monitors is mainly about trying to avoid the triggers that will trigger that sort of "input not supported" message. The main ones are the pixelclock (PC) going over a specific value and/or tweaking the Vertical or Horizontal total (VT/HT).

One way of avoiding going over the max pixelclock that is supported by your monitor is by lowering the VT/HT values, but that alone can cause a error, so you'll need to test that by it's self to check if they can be lowered and by how much. Once you do that you should notice your PC is a little lower, now that you have a little bit more bandwidth try raising your HZ by 1 or 2.

If you can't get any OC above 144 to work they might of built in a HZ limit and that would mean that there is pretty much nothing you can do :cry:

There are quite a few things that you can try but it's all very hard to do over text. It's mainly about trial and error because every monitor has it's own set of rules.