BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 6676
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Dec 2019, 10:36

zn1p wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 03:51
Tried the settings in nvidia cp on Xl2430. At 200hz I think I can see some kind of horizontal scanlines (the image is less solid, so to say, than at 144hz) and some shimmering. And at 210 and 220 the right side of monitor looks messed up (attached a photo), text becomes hard to read.
That's probably an overclock glitch. Monitor processing progressively becomes more buggy the faster you try to go.
Your sweet spot is probably 200 Hz or slightly less at 180 Hz.

The scanlines effect (alternating pixel rows slightly brighter) is normal for overclocked monitors, even if it affects only one corner of the panel.
art1sta wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 14:03
Works for me at 240hz with XL2420z monitor!! with one screen,ATI GPU and CRU(ToastyX) with the S-Switch trick!!! :D

But i have a lot of artifacts... maybe is for my configuration?
Back down by 10 Hz increments till everything works.

While it's nice to make a 240 Hz out of a 144 Hz monitor, it's rare to get glitch-free 240 Hz. 200-220 Hz is more common.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

Malkovitz
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Dec 2019, 11:47

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by Malkovitz » 08 Dec 2019, 11:53

Hello, I've got a XL2411P monitor running on Windows 10, with RX 570 GPU plugged by DP. I can't change the resolution in AMD Settings over 144hz. GPU scaling is off. I already installed a pixel clock patch for AMD, but I still can't go over 144hz. CRU is not adding the custom resolution to the advanced graphic settings in Options, and AMD is telling me that my settings are not compatible with my monitor. I'm also getting a grey box under the context menu where I get to choose refresh rate for a monitor. What should I do?

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 6676
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Dec 2019, 16:50

Malkovitz wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 11:53
Hello, I've got a XL2411P monitor running on Windows 10, with RX 570 GPU plugged by DP. I can't change the resolution in AMD Settings over 144hz. GPU scaling is off. I already installed a pixel clock patch for AMD, but I still can't go over 144hz. CRU is not adding the custom resolution to the advanced graphic settings in Options, and AMD is telling me that my settings are not compatible with my monitor. I'm also getting a grey box under the context menu where I get to choose refresh rate for a monitor. What should I do?
Try ToastyX CRU instead.

BTW, as far as I know for this monitor, pixel clock patcher should not be necessary for DisplayPort -- it's useful for DVI overclocking though.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 6676
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Dec 2019, 16:51

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 16:50
Malkovitz wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 11:53
Hello, I've got a XL2411P monitor running on Windows 10, with RX 570 GPU plugged by DP. I can't change the resolution in AMD Settings over 144hz. GPU scaling is off. I already installed a pixel clock patch for AMD, but I still can't go over 144hz. CRU is not adding the custom resolution to the advanced graphic settings in Options, and AMD is telling me that my settings are not compatible with my monitor. I'm also getting a grey box under the context menu where I get to choose refresh rate for a monitor. What should I do?
Try ToastyX CRU instead.

Also, as far as I know for this monitor, pixel clock patcher should not be necessary for DisplayPort -- it's useful for DVI overclocking though.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

Malkovitz
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Dec 2019, 11:47

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by Malkovitz » 10 Dec 2019, 08:42

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 16:51
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 16:50
Malkovitz wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 11:53
Hello, I've got a XL2411P monitor running on Windows 10, with RX 570 GPU plugged by DP. I can't change the resolution in AMD Settings over 144hz. GPU scaling is off. I already installed a pixel clock patch for AMD, but I still can't go over 144hz. CRU is not adding the custom resolution to the advanced graphic settings in Options, and AMD is telling me that my settings are not compatible with my monitor. I'm also getting a grey box under the context menu where I get to choose refresh rate for a monitor. What should I do?
Try ToastyX CRU instead.

Also, as far as I know for this monitor, pixel clock patcher should not be necessary for DisplayPort -- it's useful for DVI overclocking though.
Well it's still not working. I added new resolution to "detailed resolution", because I can't add it to the "standard" ones, then restarted my PC by restart64.exe and manual restart. I'm getting a red box while adding it to the second category. Am I doing something wrong?

Malkovitz
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Dec 2019, 11:47

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by Malkovitz » 10 Dec 2019, 08:43

I forgot to add the link: https://imgur.com/a/AR4vO6V

chumacher
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 Dec 2019, 22:23

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by chumacher » 10 Dec 2019, 22:37

Hi,
new here.
Thanks for all the hard work you have been doing.
I got my BenQ XL2420Z 144hz to overclock to 220hz with displayport.
I made the custom resolutions using CRU like this ( https://i.imgur.com/Ne6OXts.jpg ) (is the problem here? are these values correct) (also made 1440x1080 @ 220hz but the problem still persists.)
I'm using AntiOutOfRange-OorFixer and made hotkey for that OorFixer.exe file with macro program called PerfectKeyboard, everything works as they should.
I also use HRC v2.1 to switch resolutions with hotkeys.

But I do have one problem.
Here we go.
I like to play csgo with 1440x1080 resolution with black bars and everytime I apply the overclock and start csgo / or use desktop with 1440x1080 @ 220hz (or any other overclock) resolution it's stretched, nothing changes this, not nvidia control panel(only gpu scaling available there, no monitor scaling option available for some reason), or softMCCS's 'Display scaling - 0x86 option called 'No scaling, 1:1'

Should do something with CRU while creating the custom resolution.

Thanks in advance if some has the time to help.

update: now it works, just resetted everything ( and 1440x1080 @ 210hz, with 220hz "white lines" start to get annoying while playing and colors are not that good anymore) with aspect ratio scaling from nvidia CP.
it works with 240hz 1440x1080 but well, colors are bbbbbaaaaaad...)
Last edited by chumacher on 11 Dec 2019, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

Falkentyne
Posts: 2552
Joined: 26 Mar 2014, 07:23

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by Falkentyne » 11 Dec 2019, 11:23

tharos96 wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 06:08
I have three questions regarding my XL2411Z.

First, after enabling ToastyX's pixel clock patcher, I get a OSD message like "Wrong cable connected. Please use the DVI cable that came with your monitor". The monitor still functions normally and shows the DVI input though. As soon as I unpatch the driver and restart the PC the message disapperas - but OCing is obviously not possible anymore. Any way to fix the message?

Second, how can I get Battlefield 4 (and any other game that is not CSGO) running at the OCed hz apart from setting it to borderless mode? Changing the hz value in the config didn't help.

Third, @Falkentyne , apart from OCing, what are the "best" performancing enhancing tweaks for the XL2411Z regarding gaming?
I read about the VT tweak and display scaling (I can't chose display scaling in nvidia cp though) but I'm not sure what actually benefits gaming performance. Sorry for going somewhat off-topic here, I would message you personally if I could!

Thanks in advance!
That error was something to do with single rate pixel clocks being patched at a certain pixel clock where the monitor was expecting a double rate signal instead of a single rate signal. Thus you get the incorrect cable detected. This was discussed like 6 years ago and I don't remember stuff that far back. There was something added by @ToastyX about renaming the patcher with -DL at the very end of the file name to avoid the single rate patch or something. I honestly do not remember anymore. Most people are using displayport these days. Try searching here and monitortests forum for that error.

Chopper1337
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Dec 2019, 20:44

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by Chopper1337 » 19 Dec 2019, 20:53

Working on XL2411P over Display Port although I am limited to under 160hz due to some restrictions in AMD drivers. So I am now at 159hz :P
I had to use AMD's own custom resolution creator from within the 2020 drivers.

CRU doesn't detect the current available resolutions properly and any resolution I add to CRU is not available in Windows, so unfortunately 200hz is not yet an option for me but I'm trying to find a solution.
BENQ ZOWIE XL2411P 144hz
Red Devil RX 580

Malkovitz
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Dec 2019, 11:47

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by Malkovitz » 21 Dec 2019, 12:37

Any fix for AMD cards?

Post Reply