Overclocking the Samsung C27F396F

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Redoxi

Overclocking the Samsung C27F396F

Post by Redoxi » 31 Oct 2022, 08:15

Hey!

im pretty new to overclocking and all that stuff because i've never done something like that until my 144hz monitor just broke. I want to overclock my Samsung C27F396F (60hz, FHD) Monitor as much as i can so i can use it like that until i get a 144hz+ monitor.

But the problem is when i try to Overclock over the Nvidia Settings, the screen goes black at 75hz and it says "Not Optimum mode, recommended mode 1920x1080 60hz". I wanted to ask if that is more like a warning or if that means that its the highest hz i can get?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Overclocking the Samsung C27F396F

Post by RealNC » 31 Oct 2022, 08:37

Redoxi wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 08:15
But the problem is when i try to Overclock over the Nvidia Settings, the screen goes black at 75hz and it says "Not Optimum mode, recommended mode 1920x1080 60hz". I wanted to ask if that is more like a warning or if that means that its the highest hz i can get?
That's a firmware lock. Usually that means that indeed the monitor won't let you use higher Hz. My Samsung FHD monitor allowed up to 77Hz with "native LCD" timings in CRU. Higher Hz would result in that message. For nvidia cards I had to use the pixel clock patcher though:

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thre ... ck-Patcher

Otherwise the graphics card itself wasn't able to output more than 66Hz with "native LCD" CRU timings.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.