looking for xl2411p overclockable firmware

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Cact_I

looking for xl2411p overclockable firmware

Post by Cact_I » 09 Feb 2023, 20:11

I have recently been trying to overclock my xl2411p as a fun project and to just get higher hz on my monitor but as most xl2411p owners know its not simple lol. I pulled the v10 firmware for the xl2411p with an ch341a programmer I found on amazon for 15$.

If anyone has bricked their xl2411p here is the v10 firmware - https://mega.nz/file/jZJh0AKb#3qo60aEkl ... Ab4t4ShTic you can use this to reprogram the benq xl2411p with a programmer.

also if anyone has the knowledge to reverse engineer this firmware to remove the out of range pop up or just allow the oor buster program to work on it, If you could send it my way that would be sick. I do not believe the firmware uses any encryption because I have already changed some values on it, saved it to a different file then flashed it and my monitor is working with that.
Ben firmware chip.png
Ben firmware chip.png (728.55 KiB) Viewed 8744 times
this is the chip with the firmware, I believe this is the same for the xl2411t

ALSO!

when programming not reading. YOU MUST desolder the chip then program it

when reading the chip all you have to do to read is plug in the monitor or get a programmer that supplies enough current to power the rest of the board because the cheap one i bought cant do that without help from the monitors psu

BE CAREFUL because the monitors psu is exposed and touching it while it has power could result in you being electrocuted

Cact_I

Re: looking for xl2411p overclockable firmware

Post by Cact_I » 10 Feb 2023, 23:27

UPDATE:

I was able to get xl2411z v4 firmware to run on the monitor, display port does not work but hdmi works and I didn't test dvi since I dont have a cable or a gpu that works with dvi

unconnected

Post by unconnected » 04 Nov 2023, 16:57

Good job on testing this out!
I would love to help you somehow since I have the same firmware and the will to OC, but I'm not really into firmware hacking.

If you have some spare time - here are some snippets on how to tweak the firmware
https://nse.digital/pages/guides/firmwa ... cking.html

If I can help you somehow here's my disc:
kosttt

unconnected

Post by unconnected » 11 Nov 2023, 07:19

After some testing, I managed to get OC to be working using softMCCS on my 2411P fw v13
When using the OC resolution, change scanmode to over/underscan and change it back to normal, and after that move the 0xEF slider around (or other manufacturer specific).
OORBuster could be rewritten based on this

Shinze

Post by Shinze » 22 Feb 2024, 05:59

Hey. I've also got XL2411P with newer firmware and OOR buster doesn't work.

However, switching Scan Mode as you've said using SoftMCCS definitely works.

Have you found any workaround to make it automatically? Since I don't have a second monitor anymore to do it.