Txp50vt65b overclock problem

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Craffinho

Txp50vt65b overclock problem

Post by Craffinho » 06 Oct 2014, 05:50

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has managed to successfully oc one of these panels. I was trying all day yesterday but no joy whatsoever. I ask because I am completely new to this and may well be doing it wrong. I'm using an r9 290 via hdmi to above display. One of the problems is I can't even import 120hz at 1080p into ccc using cru, I can import 720p (which gives black screen when initiated). I'm gonna have another go tonight when the prettier half has gone to bed. Just hoping somebody could say yay or nay as to my tv's oc potential. TIA

Craffinho

Re: Txp50vt65b overclock problem

Post by Craffinho » 07 Oct 2014, 04:41

Ok so a quick update, after quite a lot of trial and error last night I found I could overclock.... but only to 63hz on both 1080p and 720p (even at this there was frame dropping). I'm guessing as the two are identical cut off points it's a limit built into the firmware. Bit p'd off as this is supposed to be a high end product with very good spec. Not sure where to go from here. Possibly firmware hacks, if they exist. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Craffinho

Re: Txp50vt65b overclock problem

Post by Craffinho » 07 Oct 2014, 16:58

I've given up hope of oc'ing my panel. Searched for firmware hacks and come up blank. Not sure I would have gone through with it even if I'd found one. Just so damn annoying. Panasonic really ought to hang their heads with shame. Utter, utter garbage. Some of the shine has been lost from my tv. :cry: if in the future Panasonic decide to correct this with a firmware update (theoretically that's all it needs I guess) I will re-post, don't hold your breath. :cry: :cry: :cry: