2014 Retina Macbook Pro 15 (GT 750m) Overclock

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
dev-br

2014 Retina Macbook Pro 15 (GT 750m) Overclock

Post by dev-br » 05 Jan 2016, 15:05

Hello.

I tried searching everywhere for months before starting this topic.

I purchased this Macbook because I like apple's hardware, not exactly the sotware (I always used Windows). I have a 2010 Macbook Pro 13 that I can easily overclock its screen to 103hz using CRU + nVidia Control Panel under bootcamp (windows) for gaming purposes.

Now, I want to the same with the 2014 model (also running windows), which has this "Retina" display (I think this is the issue here).

Besides knowing if the screen is overclockable, I also would like to know:

1) They say the native resolution is 2880 x 1800, is it possible to overclock it using a downscaled resolution?

2) If so, how much input lag (if any) will I get if I use a downscaled resolution like 1440 x 900?

For whoever is interested on helping me, when I try the regular CRU / Control Panel method I get blurry pink display when trying the native resolution and some flickers with 4 quadrants of the display in the screen when I try the downscaled one.