having trouble overclocking my new qnix 2710

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
shadman

Re: having trouble overclocking my new qnix 2710

Post by shadman » 20 Feb 2014, 12:39

If you are getting those at 106, and 110, a new cable could definitely help you go further, though the monitors limit is still unknown. It could be 112 even. But with a new, better cable, and reduced manual timings, you should be able to get around 115, if not higher. :)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Feb 2014, 10:58

shadman wrote:If you are getting those at 106, and 110, a new cable could definitely help you go further, though the monitors limit is still unknown. It could be 112 even. But with a new, better cable, and reduced manual timings, you should be able to get around 115, if not higher. :)
Even before upgrading the cable, try Reduced instead of Auto (or Manual and then slowly decreasing the Porch numbers), it can help you get a few more Hz. Easier with utilities that allows previewing the new mode immediately, such as NVIDIA Custom Resolution.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ShiverMePenguins

Post by ShiverMePenguins » 24 Feb 2014, 02:28

i tried reducing the timings. was able to get 2 more hz without any green lines or artifacts. ordered a new cable and will see how much that will help.