AMD Overclocking help!!

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
JONNYFORGE

AMD Overclocking help!!

Post by JONNYFORGE » 25 Aug 2017, 19:12

So i used the AMD Radeon settings panel to add custom resolutions like everyone says you are supposed to do. I have an Acer K272hl 60hz and an AMD R9 390, i was able to add a custom resolution all the way to 130hz before i got the "no can do" message. I restarted my computer, went to my monitor display settings and the highest available is 75Hz. So i figured i'd start by testing it on blur busters at 75hz before delving into why 130hz didn't show up. Blur busters doesn't even recognize the 75Hz. All of the tests say 60Hz and 60 FPS. I assume that means it's not working properly but in the display settings it SHOWS that 75 Hz is selected. I searched as much ss I could to find a solution in this forum and on google and I cannot find anything. Please help!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: AMD Overclocking help!!

Post by RealNC » 26 Aug 2017, 03:03

If you're on Windows 7, make sure Aero is enabled. It doesn't work without Aero.

If you're on Chrome, make sure GPU acceleration is used. Go to "chrome://gpu" to verify.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.