Qnix UHD3216R (4k, 60hz, 32 inch) Overclocking help

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
LMka

Qnix UHD3216R (4k, 60hz, 32 inch) Overclocking help

Post by LMka » 18 Apr 2018, 11:18

Guys, I need some assistance with overclocking my Qnix UHD3216 which is 4kx60hz by default.

So far I have tried different modes and it allows me to add any refresh rate up to 240 hz.

I have tried several resolutions(1920x1080, 2560x1440)x120, 165, 180, 240 hz and I can create and launch any of these modes.

However, the only one which seem to be correctly working is 120hz one because in any other mode I have fast upper half of my monitor and slow lower half of my monitor.

I can even pass testufo with overclock to 240 hz but it is quite tricky because lower half of my monitor works quite slow.

The question is can I change some of the other parametres when I add Custom resolution to somehow lower bandwidth throughput hoping that I can manage to get 240 hz work on lower half of the screen as on higher?

I use displayport connection.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Qnix UHD3216R (4k, 60hz, 32 inch) Overclocking help

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Apr 2018, 14:31

Great to hear it works at 120Hz! And that it almost works at 240Hz.

I am currently unfamiliar with the "slow bottom half" -- is it a clear boundary with a line in the middle of the screen? Do you mean the bottom half is blurrier (in motion), pixellated (in static images), or fails the www.testufo.com/frameskipping test? Or is it a kind of a gradient of degraded quality where top works well but progressively gets worse the closer to bottom edge? Is this photographable?

Knowing this artifact better will help me diagnose what's going on...

You could attempt to reduce the Horizontal Porch/Total slightly and also Vertical Total, to see if 240Hz can work better. But this may not solve the issue.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!