The monitor in question is the E2470SWDA model that carries

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
miguel68

The monitor in question is the E2470SWDA model that carries

Post by miguel68 » 29 Jan 2019, 14:19

According to the manual by using the dvi input the monitor can go up between 50Hz ~ 146Hz or between 30kHz ~ 160kHz as output, and also the “Preset Display Modes” it indicates 100,110,120 and 144 hz as output by dvi only.

https://aoc-pim.s3.amazonaws.com/Public ... nglish.pdf

I could buy it for a good price but I am afraid the previous info from the manual is an error because this monitor seems so cheap for the price and at the same time could deliver the 144hz.

Could someone clarify this for me? Does anyone owns one of this monitor and have archive the 144hz output?

I would appreciate any comment about it.

Thanks.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: The monitor in question is the E2470SWDA model that carr

Post by RealNC » 30 Jan 2019, 01:13

Probably nobody here has it. You could try contacting AOC directly and ask them.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

REMOV_CELER

Post by REMOV_CELER » 03 Feb 2019, 05:03

Hello, and thanks for alerting me to this monitor - I will be buying this monitor in a few days to (hopefully) test its overclocking capabilities! It's heavily discounted to 2200 CZK (85 EUR) with our 2nd biggest retailer, so if it doesn't actually overclock that much, I can always sell it used with little loss.

--------

Some background info about me: I originally had a 160Hz 121kHz CRT which went up to 2560x1920i @100Hz, but I managed to break it by overvolting (cuz I wanted better contrast...) Currently I have to play on an atrocious Samsung VA 24" 1080p monitor which can barely handle 72/75Hz, and it's horrible, I can't even properly aim in CS:GO :D

Originally I was looking at the LG 27GK750F-B as a replacement for the CRT, but I will try these kinds of overclockable displays first, since true 240Hz strobed monitors are expensive as hell, and I am trying to avoid the huge expense if possible. Also, I'll be selling the Samsung display as soon as I manage to get a true 120+ Hz LCD, so I can actually make some profit on this (if I buy the AOC with TN and sell the Samsung with VA.)

Habbskeb

Post by Habbskeb » 06 Mar 2019, 11:25

So... has someone bought this monitor and tested the 144hz using DVI dual link cable? If it does work is dual link cable included with the monitor?

REMOV_CELER

Post by REMOV_CELER » 13 Mar 2019, 12:56

Habbskeb wrote:So... has someone bought this monitor and tested the 144hz using DVI dual link cable? If it does work is dual link cable included with the monitor?
Yes I have. The specs are a complete LIE, the monitor can't even handle 80Hz without blanking out with any combination of timings. I got a single-link cable with this monitor, tried a dual-link one though, and it made absolutely 0 difference. Really disappointed, returned it within the legal 14 day period (EU law), now waiting to get my money back.