it was always interesting

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Kaggewas

it was always interesting

Post by Kaggewas » 27 Mar 2019, 13:08

For example, I have a 240hz monitor, but my video card produces a maximum of 130 fps in the game, is it interesting for me to keep the monitor's central so that it remains or does it somehow adapt to the fps?
(sorry for bad ENG :D )

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: it was always interesting

Post by RealNC » 27 Mar 2019, 15:26

There's not much benefit with 240Hz if you can't run games at 240FPS.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: it was always interesting

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Mar 2019, 18:51

That's the TL;DR version, indeed.
There are much longer answers that gets complicated.

But another easy answer is -- a game fluctuating "100fps through 200fps" still benefit hugely with a 240Hz VRR display, while having low input lag thanks to the fast delivery of individual refresh cycles (1/240sec).

Also, reportedly, your frags begins to improve with a 240Hz monitor even with framerates barely above 144fps according to recent tests. The more the better, though, if you do spend the money (And horsepower for 240Hz).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!