I accidentally overclocked my all in one monitor from 60hz to 130hz!

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
zertz

I accidentally overclocked my all in one monitor from 60hz to 130hz!

Post by zertz » 17 Mar 2020, 19:31

Before I said goodbye to my old computer (Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge All-In-One, 7 year old PC) for donation, I hooked it up to my desktop computer as a external monitor via HDMI output to play around with it. It is 1080p with a maximum 60 hz. For some odd reason, out of the blue I decided to see if I can overclock the monitor to a higher resolution, I know it's not going to work but I decided to go for it. I went to AMD Radeon settings and added a custom resolution of 1920x1080, 60 hz refresh rate.

I was surprised that it worked, so I added another one for 80 hz and it still works! Then I said fuck it I'll just go with 100 hz and guess what it still fucking works. I tried 120 hz and it manages to work but it artifacts so I settled to a respectable 107 hz. But that was last night so today I install CRU and tried a lower resolution of 1600x900 with 130hz and it really works! Everything is so smooth now, its night and day difference from 60hz. It is so awesome..

I also did a 1920x1080 120hz via CRU with LCD timing reduced and it works now with no artifacts.

So I'm not donating it anymore and I'm keeping it. I couldn't afford a 144 Hz gaming monitor so this is good for the mean time.
If you have a Lenovo ThinkCentre all in one, you might have a gem in your hands.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: I accidentally overclocked my all in one monitor from 60hz to 130hz!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Mar 2020, 13:07

That's a fantastic overclock!

Sometimes we discover overclock gems like these:
- 60Hz laptop LCD overclock to 180Hz
- BenQ 144Hz 1080p monitors overclock to 220Hz
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!