Overclocking Monitor - XB241H

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Cecmahumane

Overclocking Monitor - XB241H

Post by Cecmahumane » 16 May 2020, 10:27

I've decided to overclock my monitor to try and squeeze out every frame for the FPS I play :D . I was wondering though whether there were any drawbacks to doing this? The native refresh rate of the monitor is 144hz, and it is g-sync compatible. I set the frame rate in game at 175 hz to ensure that g sync runs smoothly.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Overclocking Monitor - XB241H

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 May 2020, 12:01

Moving to Overclocking Forum
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

OceanLerp

Re: Overclocking Monitor - XB241H

Post by OceanLerp » 25 Aug 2020, 22:52

I have the same monitor and also experimenting. I’ve heard success with overclocking by modifying edid to unlock the panels range on the eeprom, so I will use my CH341A and rewrite data on the edid chip (backing up original edid) within a few days and report back. Any other suggestions are appreciated.