Asus VG259QM : I can't get 280hz in COD Modern Warfare. I also get black screens and often have to restart the game.

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
tombox

Asus VG259QM : I can't get 280hz in COD Modern Warfare. I also get black screens and often have to restart the game.

Post by tombox » 30 Sep 2020, 05:38

I can get 280hz to work well in Overwatch, but when it comes to COD Modern Warfare, I often get black screens or super bad frames (60hz, even though in-game settings say 280hz). I often have to turn the monitor on and off again to sometimes get it to work. The best solution I've found so far is turning off overclock and running COD at 240hz, and even then I still have to on and off again Gysnc or restart the game to get it just right. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm also using OD120 (overclock).

Don't get me wrong, when it does work it's smooth, but it's kind of a hassle to even get it to work for COD specifically. Is it even possible to run my Asus VG259QM at 280hz in COD Modern Warfare without glitching back to just 60hz?