lg 34gp83a-b it overclocked to 160hz out of the box, now just goes to black. What gives?

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
arcademachin3

lg 34gp83a-b it overclocked to 160hz out of the box, now just goes to black. What gives?

Post by arcademachin3 » 02 Dec 2020, 11:53

So far I'm iffy about this monitor. 800 bucks makes it my most expensive monitor ever, and I find that I have no idea how to use the settings.

Let's start off with overclocking. Somehow I got this to work right out of the box. Hit OC in the OSD, then Nvidia settings immediately showed a 160hz option. Done.

Now when I try to overclock, it just goes to a black screen.

Since then, I've tinkered with things like HDR, 10-bit, and switched them all on and off. So far I really like HDR, 10-bit and 144hz. But it just bothers me I cannot get 160hz to work again. I understand that it won't work with 10-bit (I think).

So how the heck do I "trick" this thing to go back to OC at 160hz again? My end goal is to compare gaming at 144hz/HDR/10-bit with 160hz HDR/8-bit to see if it makes any difference at all.

TL:DR: Overclock worked on day one. Now it doesn't. I probably won't use it, but for 800 bucks I want all my features to work.