Pixio PCX32C Help with EDID [Answer: Just run reset-all.exe]

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
arcturian

Pixio PCX32C Help with EDID [Answer: Just run reset-all.exe]

Post by arcturian » 04 Mar 2021, 12:36

Hey everyone. I seem to have messed up my monitor with CRU and the 144hz profile is not buggy even when I reset it. Is there any way I can find the default EDID to load into this monitor? Or could someone help with the 144hz profile? I think something is up with the back porch settings? The 144hz works somewhat but it buggs out if I enable the response time setting low,med,high, etc. It's on a gtx 1080 via DP. Thanks a ton. Hopefully someone can help.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (403.7 KiB) Viewed 4173 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Pixio PCX32C Help with EDID [Answer: Just run reset-all.exe]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Mar 2021, 17:35

Just simply run ToastyX reset-all.exe to reset everything back to before you downloaded ToastyX
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

arcturian

Post by arcturian » 04 Mar 2021, 18:21

I'm pretty sure I had to format my drive though after I had messed with the monitor last. Would it still reset?

arcturian

Post by arcturian » 05 Mar 2021, 14:25

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 17:35
Just simply run ToastyX reset-all.exe to reset everything back to before you downloaded ToastyX
I'm pretty sure I had to format my drive though after I had messed with the monitor last. I know I mess with the porch settings, all I recall. What is a good example on how to adjust them properly?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Mar 2021, 22:05

arcturian wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 18:21
I'm pretty sure I had to format my drive though after I had messed with the monitor last. Would it still reset?
ToastyX only modifies the Windows registry (EDID overrides). It does not modify the monitor EDIDs directly.

If you reformatted already, then the ToastyX data is gone. If you are still having problems, then you have got other problems (warranty unrelated to ToastyX). Like fiddling settings in a monitor menus at the same time as ToastyX.

Reformatting is usually newbie overkill for this situation. The most common proper way to do it without reformatting is as follows:

Do these three steps:

1. Run ToastyX reset-all.exe to reset the windows registry. (This fixes Windows without reformat)
2. Run Factory Reset (or Memory Recall) in monitor menus. (This fixes monitor without reformat)
3. Full power cycles for everything (reboot your computer and monitor. For rebooting a monitor, unplug and replug it from power).

To learn more about the numbers in CRU -- make sure you understand the Custom Resolution Glossary. And if you're doing Large Vertical Totals, read the Quick Frame Transport thread.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

arcturian

Post by arcturian » 06 Mar 2021, 05:54

Awesome, thank you! I reformatted for other reasons, thought I left custom profiles on the monitor. Good to know it does not save on the monitor. I think it just does not actually do proper 144hz. I managed to make a 141hz profile that seems to work great so far. Thanks again, keep up the awesome work!

arcturian

Post by arcturian » 07 Mar 2021, 15:43

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 22:05
arcturian wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 18:21
ToastyX only modifies the Windows registry (EDID overrides). It does not modify the monitor EDIDs directly.

If you reformatted already, then the ToastyX data is gone. If you are still having problems, then you have got other problems (warranty unrelated to ToastyX). Like fiddling settings in a monitor menus at the same time as ToastyX.

Reformatting is usually newbie overkill for this situation. The most common proper way to do it without reformatting is as follows:

Do these three steps:

1. Run ToastyX reset-all.exe to reset the windows registry. (This fixes Windows without reformat)
2. Run Factory Reset (or Memory Recall) in monitor menus. (This fixes monitor without reformat)
3. Full power cycles for everything (reboot your computer and monitor. For rebooting a monitor, unplug and replug it from power).

To learn more about the numbers in CRU -- make sure you understand the Custom Resolution Glossary. And if you're doing Large Vertical Totals, read the Quick Frame Transport thread.
One more question if you are still around. I for some reason can get higher overclocks if I turn off the High, Med, Low for the monitors latency mode. If I set it to bypass. Am I losing response time with bypass or turning it off? It feels about the same. Thanks again.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Mar 2021, 17:43

arcturian wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 15:43
One more question if you are still around. I for some reason can get higher overclocks if I turn off the High, Med, Low for the monitors latency mode. If I set it to bypass. Am I losing response time with bypass or turning it off? It feels about the same. Thanks again.
I haven't measured that specific model so I can't answer.