Doubt about Acer KG241Q-S overclocked to 165Hz?

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Bhuskeey

Doubt about Acer KG241Q-S overclocked to 165Hz?

Post by Bhuskeey » 28 Mar 2021, 20:11

Good evening guys, I recently acquired a 144Hz monitor from acer overclocked to 165Hz officially by acer, but I noticed that my performance in fps games is much better with 144Hz than with 165Hz, it seems that using the 144Hz the aim is much better and me gives the impression that the monitor is more fluid compared to the overclocked 165hz, in your opinion this problem may be related to overclocking? because in theory it was for 165hz to be better than 144hz in all aspects.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Doubt about Acer KG241Q-S overclocked to 165Hz?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Mar 2021, 22:30

Bhuskeey wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:11
Good evening guys, I recently acquired a 144Hz monitor from acer overclocked to 165Hz officially by acer, but I noticed that my performance in fps games is much better with 144Hz than with 165Hz, it seems that using the 144Hz the aim is much better and me gives the impression that the monitor is more fluid compared to the overclocked 165hz, in your opinion this problem may be related to overclocking? because in theory it was for 165hz to be better than 144hz in all aspects.
There are multiple causes.

Sometimes an overclock on some panels has slightly slower LCD GtG pixel response. Which means you get clearer 144Hz or ghostier 165Hz. Ghosting/blur can also slow down human reaction time.

You do need fast native LCD GtG pixel response to prevent adding latency to a higher Hz.

It depends on the LCD and how they behave when overclocked.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!