Looking for a monitor, 4K 60hz capable of overclocking to 75hz

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
jsanzsp

Looking for a monitor, 4K 60hz capable of overclocking to 75hz

Post by jsanzsp » 17 Sep 2021, 07:01

Hello friends, excuse my bad English, I am looking for a 4K monitor but all the ones I find are 60HZ (the cheapest) I only need 75HZ but I cannot find any model with that standard frequency.

Do you know of any 4k model that with a little overclock can reach 75hz? Thank you.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a monitor, 4K 60hz capable of overclocking to 75hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Sep 2021, 11:57

jsanzsp wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 07:01
ut all the ones I find are 60HZ (the cheapest) I only need 75HZ but I cannot find any model with that standard frequency.

Do you know of any 4k model that with a little overclock can reach 75hz? Thank you.
Very few options here.

For your case, it is probably best to purchase a discounted 4K 120Hz or 4K 144Hz capable panel and then use the refresh rate you want.

The Acer Predator XB273K is 4K 144 Hz and is just about ~$600 which is only about 50% more than a typical budget brand-name 4K panel.

All "FreeSync" monitors ever made, generally supports lower custom fixed-Hz modes too (not just variable refresh rate). FreeSync LCD panels are very refresh-rate-flexible and I've never seen one that couldn't do 75 Hz (for a panel of higher max Hz)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!