I discovered something related to audio

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
Cristopherox

I discovered something related to audio

Post by Cristopherox » 20 Apr 2024, 21:42

I apologize for my english.

Today I came home and played halo infinite on my old Xbox one x, my original Xbox controller has drift on both joysticks so I used an old power A controller that I had in storage for a while.
As soon as I opened the game I noticed that the audio was too loud on this controller, but the amazing thing happened when I started a game and was extremely smooth and responsive! I can see every movement of the enemies, I have too much time to react to them. I tested this controller on my PC and got the same positive results playing fortnite and apex legends, it's amazing how 144hz looks, it seems like I've never experienced the true experience on high refresh rate monitors.

The strange thing is when I plug my headphones into my original Xbox controller or my PC I get pops in the audio every 1 or 2 minutes while gaming, also when I turn my AC on or off I can hear a slight pop, this doesn't happen with the Power A controller, like the controller blocks the interference

wellos

Re: I discovered something related to audio

Post by wellos » 26 May 2024, 01:10

This is a great discovery!

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 26 May 2024, 08:35

Surprisingly when you turn off the sound in CS2, the hitreg and spray control is much better.

Inputlagguy

Post by Inputlagguy » 05 Jun 2024, 02:28

I can add to this. My gameplay sometimes feels better when i turn the sound lower / all the way down or even spin the volume wheel on my headset.

Another weird thing that happens is if i 3/4 of the way plug my headset into the controller so that i can hear sound , but my mic doesn’t work, the game feels way smoother and snappier.

I’ve purchased a couple diff headsets both wired and wireless. And they all feel fine in the beginning and slowly everything goes to s*** after a few gaming sessions

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 07 Jun 2024, 05:44

Yes, there is definitely correlation with audio. I knew this for a long time already.

On good days (which happen rarely) my sound is clear, soft and "precise" and I can easily take an advantage out of it. Unfortunately most of the time locating an enemy by footsteps is unrealiable, because normally when I expect somebody coming around the corner, he goes out while the sound suggests he is still few meters away. Sometimes I can't hear any steps at all, but they suddenly appear 1-2 seconds before I die. This is complete madness which can't be explained.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 07 Jun 2024, 05:59

cursed-gamer wrote:
26 May 2024, 08:35
Surprisingly when you turn off the sound in CS2, the hitreg and spray control is much better.
It's true. If I make volume 0 in valorant, cs2 or 1.6 hitreg is much better.

timecard

Post by timecard » 07 Jun 2024, 10:19

cursed-gamer wrote:
Wonder if your audio is becoming desynchronized, imagine the sound and visuals going in and out of sync or gradually out of sync. Your mind tries to put those things together and react to them. When it's no sound, you focus on visuals only. Thoughts?

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 07 Jun 2024, 11:57

timecard wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 10:19
cursed-gamer wrote:
Wonder if your audio is becoming desynchronized, imagine the sound and visuals going in and out of sync or gradually out of sync. Your mind tries to put those things together and react to them. When it's no sound, you focus on visuals only. Thoughts?
Audio doesn’t distract me but lies. It’s not about ear and eye coordination but how the game behaves itself. Recoil control is much easier and it does not stutter that much while shooting.

Inputlagguy

Post by Inputlagguy » 07 Jun 2024, 19:23

Yea definitely not. The difference is night and day. Can barely break a 1.0KD vs 3-4 kd easily. Everything is night and day difference.

The tracking. The ADS snap to target. The snappiness of my aim. Picking up loot etc everything works completely different, 100% it’s for sure not about focus or reaction time. Something is wrong