hitreg issue/constant tps/heavy desync/animation skips

Everything about latency. This section is mainly user/consumer discussion. (Peer-reviewed scientific discussion should go in Laboratory section). Tips, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Post Reply
reloq
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Sep 2026, 22:57

hitreg issue/constant tps/heavy desync/animation skips

Post by reloq » 26 Sep 2026, 04:52

Its been 4 years since it happened for the first time.
I was into many FPS games like valorant/cs2/warface and my game experience was not what i expected
I changed every pc part i could but nothing changed. also i was switching to others platforms like am4-am5-lga1200
Tried 10~ different ISP and i moved to other locations 9 times i noticed that this trouble happens over time just by using my pc
Initially everything is fine but then after couple of days sometimes even longer the problems starts to appear



The first problem is terrible hitreg
sometimes when i shoot the enemy my bullet can just go through them and it can happened around 10 times per game or even the bullet was not registered on the server.
here's the example: https://youtu.be/KePQdIg8zP4

the second problem is teleports when being shoot
when enemy shoots me in the body my character can tp backwards and my screen is tearing and crosshair goes in whatever direction
(it can be described as desync ig)
here's the second example: https://youtu.be/0ORTuHTRJvM

the third problem with animation skips
the enemies legs are not moving properly (always) to add a bit of absurd even bots in the range are moving strangely
for an example everyone can wide-peek me on full speed and instantly stop in 1 frame or they can just do a simple strafes and it will seem like he moves all the time (its not about peek advantage, ping diff or some type shit)
here's the link: https://youtu.be/GaegFh3LZ3E

i hope someone knows about this problem and could help me a little.

readtext
Posts: 37
Joined: 28 Dec 2020, 00:57

Re: hitreg issue/constant tps/heavy desync/animation skips

Post by readtext » 29 Sep 2026, 03:07

the problem is the pakets you send and receive are out of order
the server/client is not receiving the correct order of the packets which is like packet loss but the packets still arive only late and you still have 0 packet loss but it is worse

you can test it with linux router
add with netem out of order and you will have same feeling on all servers with 0 packet loss

Dcyker
Posts: 10
Joined: 01 Jun 2023, 03:41

Re: hitreg issue/constant tps/heavy desync/animation skips

Post by Dcyker » 29 Sep 2026, 14:29

I basically have the same issues as you. As I shoot, the enemy speeds up in every online game. They don’t walk normally, they skip animations, or I’m able to shoot one bullet while they’ve already shot three, even though I’m supposed to have the advantage. I’ve changed PCs and ISPs, but nothing seems to work.

TN_fun
Posts: 245
Joined: 26 Jun 2019, 11:09

Re: hitreg issue/constant tps/heavy desync/animation skips

Post by TN_fun » 29 Sep 2026, 16:37

Dude, nobody here is going to tell you the root cause or give you a fix. It just doesn't exist. What you showed in the video is desync. It's part of the main issue — input lag. A floaty mouse is also part of this problem (not sure if you get that floaty mouse feeling too).
If you’ve moved 9 times, used 10 different ISPs, and also used completely new PCs, then the problem isn't related to electricity, the PC, or the internet. There must be something in common, something that connects everything and causes the issue. You know what I mean? Maybe you’re overlooking this. You need to systematize all the data and every single detail—and maybe with the help of AI, you'll be able to pinpoint the common variable that's causing this problem.

TN_fun
Posts: 245
Joined: 26 Jun 2019, 11:09

Re: hitreg issue/constant tps/heavy desync/animation skips

Post by TN_fun » 29 Sep 2026, 16:51

Dcyker wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:29
I basically have the same issues as you. As I shoot, the enemy speeds up in every online game. They don’t walk normally, they skip animations, or I’m able to shoot one bullet while they’ve already shot three, even though I’m supposed to have the advantage. I’ve changed PCs and ISPs, but nothing seems to work.
Even if that’s the case and the packets get mixed up, it’s not an ISP or routing issue—it’s an issue with the PC itself. The system is running out of sync, causing it to misgenerate packets or output them in the wrong order. And no, a dedicated network card won’t save you here; its only job is to transmit already formed packets.
If we look at any modern game, it doesn't just run on a single engine. It’s actually a combination of several engines stacked together: the game engine (3D graphics), the physics engine, the audio engine, and the network engine. All of this is processed by the CPU (which doesn't work in isolation either, as it heavily relies on RAM, the I/O subsystem, etc.). I'm deliberately skipping the GPU for now, as that represents the next stage of the pipeline. Ultimately, if your PC is running desynchronized internally, that is exactly what causes the in-game desync.

cursedgamer12
Posts: 16
Joined: 28 Aug 2025, 20:23

Re: hitreg issue/constant tps/heavy desync/animation skips

Post by cursedgamer12 » 29 Sep 2026, 18:43

were onto something here i like where this is going

Post Reply