Yeah maybe, I'm not an expert on coax and emispkii wrote: ↑29 Sep 2026, 02:26Could a disconnected coaxial cable in my home affect this? I have several coaxial antenna cables, but they are disconnected from the TV (even though the cables themselves are still there).astroasis wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 15:10It could be bro, the coax stuff is the only thing that maintains the change, I also have multiple open coax ports left in the house so I'm gonna try terminators when they arrive. For now keeping a connection from the attic tv antenna to my downstairs living room coax port via a standard coax cable is keeping my pc good, terminators might be a different effect on things considering they cancel out the line so we'll see
Long-term investigation of unstable input
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
-
astroasis
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 25 Jul 2025, 18:11
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
-
delve
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 15 Aug 2020, 05:24
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
I wanted to mention the power provider did repairs in my street last week, I dont know what they did exactly, but I saw they replaced a small transformer opposite of me and this had positive effect on my lag. Maybe 15-20 percent improvement since a week now.
