Install Help [G-SYNC Upgrade Kit]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
PiERiT

Re: Install Help [G-SYNC Upgrade Kit]

Post by PiERiT » 16 Jan 2014, 17:14

The white ribbon, you mean? If so, I'll go try reseating it. Hopefully the monitor is easier to open the second time around...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Jan 2014, 17:18

Yes, the cable that connects between the circuit board and the LCD.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

PiERiT

Post by PiERiT » 16 Jan 2014, 17:36

Just reseated it and it's still happening. :(

Should I try not sliding it back to lock it? The instructions make no mention of that.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Jan 2014, 18:28

PiERiT wrote:Just reseated it and it's still happening. :(

Should I try not sliding it back to lock it? The instructions make no mention of that.
Let me wait for a response from NVIDIA. They are real busy, so a bit slow at replying, but this is important info to find out. :-)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 16 Jan 2014, 18:30

I haven't noticed any rainbow banding on mine, though I haven't tried any games yet. I'm about to boot up Far Cry 3 though.

For the brown connector for the blue-tipped ribbon cable, I followed the instructions in the manual: Use the round end of the prying tool to unlock the connector. After this, I just pushed the cable into it and it popped open really easily.

PiERiT

Post by PiERiT » 16 Jan 2014, 18:48

nimbulan wrote:I haven't noticed any rainbow banding on mine, though I haven't tried any games yet. I'm about to boot up Far Cry 3 though.

For the brown connector for the blue-tipped ribbon cable, I followed the instructions in the manual: Use the round end of the prying tool to unlock the connector. After this, I just pushed the cable into it and it popped open really easily.
Hmm, what page is that on? My manual doesn't say anything like that for the ribbon step.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 16 Jan 2014, 19:31

PiERiT wrote:
nimbulan wrote:I haven't noticed any rainbow banding on mine, though I haven't tried any games yet. I'm about to boot up Far Cry 3 though.

Hmm, what page is that on? My manual doesn't say anything like that for the ribbon step.
Oh I was using the updated PDF guide since it has some extra information. They tell you to use the rounded end of the prying tool to unlock the connector on step 31.

I was able to produce the rainbow bands on my monitor while testing Far Cry 3. It happened once out of at least 20 various game boots, alt+tabs, and renderer reinitializations due to changing graphics settings.

PiERiT

Post by PiERiT » 16 Jan 2014, 19:36

Bah, I had no idea there was an updated guide. That would have saved a lot of time.

I've mainly been using BF4 and Metal Gear Rising to test the rainbow thing. it happens more often than not.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 16 Jan 2014, 21:46

PiERiT wrote:Bah, I had no idea there was an updated guide. That would have saved a lot of time.

I've mainly been using BF4 and Metal Gear Rising to test the rainbow thing. it happens more often than not.
I had it happen when starting up Saints Row 4 as well. It must be normal.

PoWn3d_0704

Post by PoWn3d_0704 » 16 Jan 2014, 22:29

Okay, here is a GREAT kicker for everyone. Getting my GSync installed now and My monitors are going crazy...

GSync

Dell 24" IPS

It has to be my GPU... SLI GTX 670's. All my connectors are seated properly on the monitor. I've torn it apart twice looking for a problem.

Other than that, I can't get BF4 to launch either. It launches and then goes to 'No Input Detected' and then crashes BF4.
Asus VG248QE with GSync. Blur Busters GSync Contest Winner.