Blur Reduction's and X-syncs are absolutely useless

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
nightmaster47

Blur Reduction's and X-syncs are absolutely useless

Post by nightmaster47 » 05 Feb 2016, 14:55

I've bought today XL2720Z, my second BenQ BR monitor, and it was sh177y again, (1st was 2411Z with some extreme image defects, this brand-new 2720Z has not working touch buttons).
In that few hours I've had this BenQ XL2720Z I've also tested something:

BLUR REDUCTION (also known as ULMB, LightBoost) is useless for gaming. Absolutely.
I’ve tested few types of situations when you need to notice an enemy while fast-turning. For example, fast left-right check (90 deg left + 180 deg right) done in ~<0.5sec in CSGO. And also some fast-turning situations in Reflex and CPMA.
And you know what? BLUR REDUCTION IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS AND RATHER RUINS EVERYTHING THAN HELPING. It's 100%, absolutely not for gaming (unless you are playing Sims 4). And reality is there are no f_k1ng blur reduction at all.
BR just doesn’t work at high speeds.
Yes, if you are playing at comp level, if you are turning fast THERE ARE BLUR with 144Hz@BR ON!
This technology works only when you are looking at slowly moving objects/pictures. Like one in this test http://www.testufo.com/#height=-1&test= ... &pursuit=0
It moves with 960pixels/sec speed. 960 PER SECOND!!! If your FOV is 106, for example, your 180 will equal 1829 pixels in full HD. With 960/sec pixels speed, it will take 1.9 sec for 180!
With this turning speed you will have no BLUR with 144Hz@BR ON ahahahahahahahaha.
BUT WHO DOES 180 IN ALMOST 2 SECONDS? It’s a time enough for few frags.

So, BR is absolutely useless, and adds THESE FANCY BONUSES to your gaming experience:
1) +Input Lag [equal or less than 1000/refresh rate=??ms] (for example at 144Hz it may be up to 6.94444444ms).
2) +crosstalk/ghosting/overshoot
3) +amplified stutters
4) +flicker
WHAT AN AWESOME TIEKNOLOGEEEE :D MUST BUY! MOM I WONT TO GO PRO!

G/Free-syncs are useless for gaming. Absolutely.
Tearing? GET HIGH FPS 817CH!

So, all this “TIEKNOLOGEEEZ” are BS and marketing. Same as 12000DPI in mice.
But we are smarter than their marketing departments.

So if you want a good monitor just buy some descend 144Hz without all this sh17.
All you need is:
144Hz
Low input lag
Low amount/no ghosting
Picture quality (contrast ratio + color accuracy)

DON'T LET'em FOOL YOU :D HAVE A NICE DAY :3

Falkentyne

Re: Blur Reduction's and X-syncs are absolutely useless

Post by Falkentyne » 05 Feb 2016, 15:43

PLEASE stop posting this useless crap on every single forum you have access to. You even hit tftcentral with this. What exactly is your problem?

nightmaster47

Post by nightmaster47 » 05 Feb 2016, 16:29

Falkentyne wrote:PLEASE stop posting this useless crap on every single forum you have access to. You even hit tftcentral with this. What exactly is your problem?
You can't read or what? BR doesn't work on pro level, even on entry-comp level. This is a problem. Fast turning = BLUR, even with BR ON. Is this so hard to get?

thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy » 05 Feb 2016, 17:53

nightmaster47 wrote: You can't read or what? BR doesn't work on pro level, even on entry-comp level. This is a problem. Fast turning = BLUR, even with BR ON. Is this so hard to get?
You get the same amount of motion blur as on a Medium Persistence CRT...about 1.4ms of blur or so
Now stop trolling

Jourgensen

Post by Jourgensen » 05 Feb 2016, 17:53

I have an ulmb screen -> its fantastic and if you don't see the difference ou have a serious problem or you don't know how to use it properly.
I have a gsync -> Excellent technology too, make the game more confortable, clearly there is a difference with or without.

You should stfu or see a doctor.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 05 Feb 2016, 18:20

I agree it's useless for competition gaming atm.
It's personal preference. Try to look at this test with turned on BR and without concentrating on object and you won't see clear image. May be same eye tracking doesn't work for competition gaming.
> THERE ARE BLUR with 144Hz@BR ON!
May be it's called stobe crosstalk? All know it's too high at 144Hz so that's the reason why LightBoost and ULMB doesn't support 144Hz. Current LCD panels aren't ready for such high speed.
> But we are smarter than their marketing departments.
We see how you smart here.

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 05 Feb 2016, 19:09

You posted the same half baked rant on hardforum. Keep it there. If you have something you wish to discuss intelligently, feel free to do so here.

Failing that, I recommend a good wank or some other form of stress relief.