G-Sync 690 Doesnt work

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
zeal89

G-Sync 690 Doesnt work

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 15:55

Hello, i just bought a NVIDIA G-Sync screen, and it has been fuzzing with me all day, first i had to buy a Mini DP adapter to DP, and now it wont start on regular windows login, black screen, (No input detected) says the message, i then get a windows safe mode option, and access it... as i am atm.
I tried to disable both card, cant enter NVIDIA Control panel to look at settings, my screen isnt found aswell, what to do?

zeal89

Re: G-Sync 690 Doesnt work

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 16:02

Im trying to install Drivers for the card through NVIDIA Driver download, when its installed i need to reboot computer, when i then reboot computer both cards become active

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 16:03

zeal89 wrote:Hello, i just bought a NVIDIA G-Sync screen, and it has been fuzzing with me all day, first i had to buy a Mini DP adapter to DP, and now it wont start on regular windows login, black screen, (No input detected) says the message, i then get a windows safe mode option, and access it... as i am atm.
I tried to disable both card, cant enter NVIDIA Control panel to look at settings, my screen isnt found aswell, what to do?
Is this a preassembled GSYNC monitor, or GSYNC modded?
What version of NVIDIA drivers?
Also, did you upgrade your drivers first before plugging in your monitor?
Also, do you have SLI? If so, try disabling/removing one card temporarily.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 16:08

[/quote]
Is this a preassembled GSYNC monitor, or GSYNC modded?
What version of NVIDIA drivers?
Also, did you upgrade your drivers first before plugging in your monitor?
Also, do you have SLI? If so, try disabling/removing one card temporarily.[/quote]

Preassembled GSYNC monitor
Nvidia driver 332.21
I did not upgrade drivers befor plugging monitor no.
My gtx 690 Single card, is SLI yes with the dual GPU
I can disable 1 card in Windows safe mode, and can acess windows noramally, but the cards arent being used at all when in Windows.
I cant acess NVIDIA Control panel either, so i now tried 2 times to reinstall drivers, but each time i MUST reboot PC to have driver installed, i cannot disable 1 of the cards by then since they are not detected.
After reboot it says (no input detected) after the Windows animation, it goes black, i can hear the melody of windows starting, but black screen, i then restart PC and i then have the Safe windows mode option again, its a neverending spiral atm. :cry:

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 16:42

Anyone has any tips whatsoever?, im quite stuck here.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 16:49

zeal89 wrote:driver 332.21
Check.
zeal89 wrote:My gtx 690 Single card, is SLI yes with the dual GPU
(1) Try plugging your DisplayPort cable into the other card and seeing what happens.
(2) Failing that, try a driver clean & complete reinstall.
(3) Failing that, try physically removing one of your cards -- temporarily. See if that makes things work. This worked for some because of GSYNC SLI issues.

P.S. Although I try to reply quickly, it may take time (e.g. a day or two).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 16:52

You got it wrong, i have a GTX 690 Single card, its dual GPU which makes it SLI automatically, do not have 2x GTX 690 cards.

i tried all of ur options, this is fuckt up =/

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 17:00

zeal89 wrote:i have a GTX 690 Single card, its dual GPU which makes it SLI automatically, do not have 2x GTX 690 cards.
Right, the single card SLI. That would complicate things a bit.
I know that NVIDIA is already aware of the SLI bugs with GSYNC, and I know they are working on it.
Some remaining todo items, which is a bit less appealing but:

(1) Does the DisplayPort on your 690 work with other monitors?
I'd like to make sure that it's not a defective DisplayPort or a defective monitor.

(2) If at all possible, try borrowing a single-GPU card, even an older 670 or 680.

If both (1) and (2) does not work, then it may lean towards a loose ribbon connector in your GSYNC monitor. I know sharknice fixed his DisplayPort problem by opening his monitor and reseating the connectors on the GSYNC board. But this could affect warranty claim if you open up the monitor. However, before concluding these, I'd like to rule out the possible weak links (the SLI issue, a defective DisplayPort, or defective monitor) as this problem could be affected by one of these factors. SLI should at least boot to Windows, so I'm not 100% convinced if it's the SLI issue.

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 17:07

The loop is the following:
1.) I try to enter Windows 7 the normal way, dead end (No input detected)
2.) I enter Windows safe mode (with netowork access)
3.) I install drivers = requires reboot, reboot = both GPU's activates = black screen (No input detected)
4.) I restart computer after step ((3.)) since it wont work - enter Windows safe mode again and disable 1 of the cards
5.) I restart computer after step ((4.)) and i can acess Windows the normal way, the graphics cards in the devices management is marked with (!) something wrong with the devices, i can then not open NVIDIA Control panel (crashes) i cannot enter Geforce experience, my right click Screen resolution wont show any of the graphic GPUs as a working and funtioning unit used by the screen, the screen is a common/standard screen in there it says.
6.) I try to install drivers again etc, and uninstalling the cards... and the loop keeps going round and round....

This is the best way i can explain my problem/issue, it just wont recognize my monitor nor graphics cards, and it feels as if its because of my GTX 690 being a dual GPU card which means SLI = Automatically on. Cannot turn it off since i need to restart my computer each time without any options to choose to turn a card off, or enter NVIDIA Control panel.

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 17:11

I can borrow a GTX 680 from a friend to try it out, i still have my ASUS 23" 120hz screen here aswell i could test no problem, ill try it.