G-Sync 690 Doesnt work

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
zeal89

Re: G-Sync 690 Doesnt work

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 17:18

Actually my 23" 120hz asus screen doesnt have a displayport =/

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 17:50

To mention if it makes anything better i have to use a Mini Display port adapter to Displayport.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 24 Jan 2014, 17:55

It could potentially be the monitor itself. It sounds like the same issue I had when I used the DYI kit and connected it wrong.

The monitor would work fine in the BIOS and Windows loading screen, but as soon as windows finished loading with any drivers the monitor would not work.

Did the place you buy it from use a kit to put it together and do it wrong?

cx-ray

Post by cx-ray » 24 Jan 2014, 17:57

You may want to give DDU a try. It is created to cleanly remove your Nvidia driver install.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 01-23-14-/
Last edited by cx-ray on 26 Jan 2014, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 18:00

zeal89 wrote:I can borrow a GTX 680 from a friend to try it out, i still have my ASUS 23" 120hz screen here aswell i could test no problem, ill try it.
Temporarily find a DisplayPort screen, even if just 60Hz.
Let's at least make sure it's not the DisplayPort cable / DisplayPort adaptor fault -- I've seen this happen before.

(Yeah -- Don't you just hate when there's 3+ different major possibilities that might be at play here!)

Better to make sure, before concluding it's the monitor. If you got this from Overlord, you might want to give them a call to make sure (and also reference this thread).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 18:11

I am now playing on a gtx 680, no problem whatsoever.... the problem with gtx 690 is when i go from disabled 1 GPU and entering windows normally, i then have to reboot after drivers install which enables both GPU's instantly, and i can no longer access normal windows, but have to go abck to safe mode windows to disable again 1 GPU to enter windows noramlly, and then same thing i have to install drivers again etc..... its a neverending loop, with the GTX 680 i installed the drivers with the normal windows, and reboot and all worked, so the boot is the problem, rebooting for driver install.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 18:39

zeal89 wrote:with the GTX 680 i installed the drivers with the normal windows, and reboot and all worked, so the boot is the problem, rebooting for driver install.
What happens if you just ignore the "install drivers" stuff?
Does it still continue working with just 1 GPU, or it just forcefully installs the drivers and requires reboot?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 19:14

The computer doesnt even recognize the screen nor the GTX 690 as valid hardware, and isnt functioning nor working as it should be, its all so very slow on even driver installs, ignoring driver installs doesnt work since it wont recognize the hardware until the reboot as valid hardware to be used.

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 24 Jan 2014, 19:17

The problem is when you have to reboot after driver install, driver install = reboot and both GPU's is functioning, therefor the black screen, the black screen is the proof that they are both GPU's functioning, but i cannot access windows because its working, the actual success is going to be a fail, cause it just wont work with the screen when both GPUs functioning as they should = Safe mode windows appears, so the computer recognizes the problem, and gives the option for safe mode.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Jan 2014, 18:19

zeal89 wrote:The computer doesnt even recognize the screen nor the GTX 690 as valid hardware, and isnt functioning nor working as it should be, its all so very slow on even driver installs, ignoring driver installs doesnt work since it wont recognize the hardware until the reboot as valid hardware to be used.
You might be SOL until NVIDIA fixes 690 issues, but let's see if there's other routes:

-- Do see a lot of junk within Device Manager -> View -> Show Hidden Devices?

-- Also, try temporarily installing Windows on a separate hard disk or partition (even an external), and see if GSYNC works on the 690 on that clean install. I know a clean install helped one person, but it wasn't a SLI issue for them.