Laser projectors general? [zero lag & zero blur!!!]

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
spacediver

Re: Laser projectors general? [zero lag & zero blur!!!]

Post by spacediver » 27 Mar 2016, 23:41

Light23 wrote:Do you want me to leave this forum Spacedriver?
If so I will. No questions asked.
Don't play the victim and distract from the issue at hand.

You plagiarized, plain and simple. And it wasn't even a copy and paste job, you altered the words carefully to change the second person pronouns (in original post) to first person pronouns (your post).

This is disturbing on two levels.

First, it's just plain wrong to pass off other people's words as your own.

Second, it's misleading to the people on this forum, as it gives the impression that you know what you're talking about, when in fact, in this particular case, it's clear that you don't.

I never asked you to stop posting here. I gave you a warning, plain and simple.

We value creativity here as well, but we expect a degree of integrity also.

In the future, if you don't know the answer to something, and you find a post that explains it, you can always link to that post, rather than claiming it as your own, as you did here.

Royal

Post by Royal » 28 Mar 2016, 10:22

As someone who is only recently getting into some form of engineering field, I have great respect for people working on projects like this, with inner workings and processes I have yet to fully comprehend. But even then, behavior like this makes me see red flags all over the place. In fact, many things about Light23's posts like the non-answers and gif/video links to random nonsense to the year-long hiatus over password resetting is offputting.

Oh well, the technology is still legit. I hope Microvision can realize the potential rear projected laser monitors have. Or possibly make it a short-throw front projected projector like LG's Hecto projector. The latter can possibly avoid the hazards with lasers blinding people, then maybe Microvision would spend money in R&D for high modulation lasers with the much higher output necessary for High Dynamic Range, that is, of course, if they find a method for successfully scanning extremely high resolution like 4K in the first place.

RLBURNSIDE

Post by RLBURNSIDE » 28 Mar 2016, 22:51

Last edited by RLBURNSIDE on 19 Apr 2016, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 28 Mar 2016, 23:53

RLBURNSIDE wrote:
For my part, Light123, I don't think quoting someone else verbatim is particularly wrong. I don't do it, but people like Shakespeare plagiarize so you're in good company. Actually I find it creepier that someone on this forum would bother googling your words. That I find very disturbing indeed, stalkerish even.
For what it's worth, it was a total accident that I discovered the original post. The information light23 provided was strange, and I was wondering why he made reference to a foot lambert meter instead of a luminance meter, and the way that it was phrased suggested that a meter that integrates across time is expensive (when in fact virtually all luminance meters do so). So i googled: how to measure screen gain, and lo and behold, that post comes up as the fifth result (which is probably exactly how he discovered it).

I'm happy to let this thread continue, and have never suggested otherwise. I'm not going to wipe any of the posts, as I think that people who read this thread have a right to see the whole picture when it comes to Light23's behaviour, especially if they are considering supporting him financially. As Royal (and others, who have contacted me privately about this matter) have observed, there is something off about many of Light23's posts and behaviour in general. He's clearly bright and passionate, but there's a strong aroma of bullshit that permeates a lot of his posts. By sweeping it all under the rug, I am doing a potential disservice to others who may otherwise be inclined to invest time, energy, and even money into this thread.

There is absolutely nothing preventing Light23 from posting in this thread in a more straightforward manner from here on. I'd certainly welcome it.

Manimal 5000

Post by Manimal 5000 » 30 Mar 2016, 12:36

Acer comes out with a gaming projector. Don't know how relevant it is:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/acer-p ... 31506.html

thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy » 22 Oct 2016, 05:55

This is bullshit right?
There's no way this is 15 nanoseconds pixel persistence... is there?

I heard that PMOLED(Passive-Matrix OLED) have like microseconds of pixel persistence but they require extremely high brightness to maintain in larger sizes so it's kinda hard to believe Microvision's claim

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 22 Oct 2016, 06:30

thatoneguy wrote:This is bullshit right?
There's no way this is 15 nanoseconds pixel persistence... is there?

I heard that PMOLED(Passive-Matrix OLED) have like microseconds of pixel persistence but they require extremely high brightness to maintain in larger sizes so it's kinda hard to believe Microvision's claim
That's neither passive matrix, nor is it OLED, that's a scanned infrared laser and presumably a photodiode. Given the applications listed, 15ns persistence would not surprise me.

thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy » 22 Oct 2016, 07:06

Sparky wrote: That's neither passive matrix, nor is it OLED, that's a scanned infrared laser and presumably a photodiode. Given the applications listed, 15ns persistence would not surprise me.
I know that's not PMOLED
I was bringing it up as a comparison

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 22 Oct 2016, 09:10

thatoneguy wrote:
Sparky wrote: That's neither passive matrix, nor is it OLED, that's a scanned infrared laser and presumably a photodiode. Given the applications listed, 15ns persistence would not surprise me.
I know that's not PMOLED
I was bringing it up as a comparison
Yeah, but it's like comparing a CRT to an LCD, completely different principles of operation.

zerp

Post by zerp » 05 Jul 2019, 11:04

Chief Blur Buster wrote: Hmm, that's true -- not sure how precisely multisided (even 100-sided) spinning mirror prisms are. Many high end drills spin at 100,000 RPM, and creating an accurate 64-sided mirror prism might not be impossible. This creates 135KHz (80,000 / 60 x 64). Rotational accuracy can be made very accurate with a laser reference on one mirror automatically determining the angle for the next mirror. Repeat when manufacturing subsequent mirrors, and then at the very end, you've got 64 laser-reference precisely aligned & verified surfaces.
I'm currently researching into the possibility of a creating a laser raster based display. Can you explain the mathematics for how a 64 faceted "mirror prism" can create 135 khz horizontal scanning frequency and each variable used a bit more clearly?