Install Help [G-SYNC Upgrade Kit]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Solar

Re: Install Help [G-SYNC Upgrade Kit]

Post by Solar » 16 Jan 2014, 22:36

PoWn3d, i also have gtx 670 sli, but i didn't experience that issue. If you haven't already try only connecting the G-Sync monitor. When i started mine up it was automatically in G-Sync mode, and that may have something to do with it.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Jan 2014, 22:42

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Okay, here is a GREAT kicker for everyone. Getting my GSync installed now and My monitors are going crazy...
From the screenshot, it looks like it's only inside the windows (GPU rendering activities). Chrome is GPU accelerated, so that squarely places the blame on your GPU, and not the G-SYNC monitor.

--> Have you upgraded your graphics drivers? G-SYNC requires the latest beta drivers at the moment.
--> Try connecting only the G-SYNC monitor, as the primary monitor.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

PoWn3d_0704

Post by PoWn3d_0704 » 16 Jan 2014, 22:50

A restart seemed to fix the issue. It seemed to start when I had SLI disabled (just on boot up), and then I manually turned it on.

Rebooted and the SLI was enabled by default this time, so no weird artifacts.

However, I now have THIS problem...

I'm on driver 332.21 which is all I'm seeing in Beta or WHQL drivers.
Asus VG248QE with GSync. Blur Busters GSync Contest Winner.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Jan 2014, 22:55

Try a fully clean driver reinstall. I know that worked for at least one person.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

PoWn3d_0704

Post by PoWn3d_0704 » 16 Jan 2014, 23:04

Seems to have worked for now. Just trying to make sure that I have in game settings set correctly. Setting GSYNC on in the nVidia Control Panel should override everything and force GSync, right? What about if I turn on ULMB? Does it just bypass Gysnc and go Vsync off?
Asus VG248QE with GSync. Blur Busters GSync Contest Winner.

Solar

Post by Solar » 16 Jan 2014, 23:11

As of right now you can't switch to ULMB if your running a game that's set to G-Sync in the control panel, it will automatically switch to G-Sync mode. Hopefully a future driver will add the ability to switch on the fly regardless of settings. There's also a setting in there called preferred refresh rate, if set to highest available you can't switch to ULMB since the refresh is at 144Hz.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Jan 2014, 23:18

Yes, you have to turn off G-SYNC in order to use ULMB in games.

It's a little inconvenient sometimes; hopefully utilities will come that makes it easy to switch between G-SYNC and ULMB.

PiERiT

Post by PiERiT » 20 Jan 2014, 20:06

Anything back from nvidia regarding my pictures on page 1?

Nealb90

Post by Nealb90 » 27 Jan 2014, 17:02

I also am interested in the response from NVIDIA regarding the rainbow effect because this happens to me when I boot up some games. Also somebody mentioned a setting for preferred refresh rate. Is this the refresh rate setting in the Nvidia control panel or is there another setting to set the "preferred refresh rate"?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Jan 2014, 17:04

Nealb90 wrote:I also am interested in the response from NVIDIA regarding the rainbow effect because this happens to me when I boot up some games. Also somebody mentioned a setting for preferred refresh rate. Is this the refresh rate setting in the Nvidia control panel or is there another setting to set the "preferred refresh rate"?
Can you record a video of the rainbow effect?
This will give NVIDIA something to look at.