Suggestions for large-size TVs with blur reducing features?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Locane

Suggestions for large-size TVs with blur reducing features?

Post by Locane » 22 Dec 2016, 17:56

Hey all!

I'm looking for suggestions on what to spend my cash on for larger-sized TVs that have blur reduction features. Specifically, I'd really like to pick up a TV that has ULMB / BFI (Black Frame Insertion?), and I can't find that advertised anywhere.

I'm hoping one of you fine humans has done the scouring or perhaps knows the name of the feature in TV land.

Blurless

Re: Suggestions for large-size TVs with blur reducing featur

Post by Blurless » 27 Dec 2016, 16:55

Sony tv's with Motionflow Impulse!! I have one myself and it's great. Next to no blur and no crosstalk, big screen, high contrast, very little input lag.

It is rather difficult to research a feature like this because the brands don't seem to make much noise about it and they all use different names for it.

Blurless

Post by Blurless » 28 Dec 2016, 03:02

Rtings delivers again!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 Jan 2017, 11:54

Yes, RTings is one of the websites that uses the pursuit camera technique that Blur Busters invented (they credit Blur Busters here) -- it's used to make those motion blur photos on the RTINGS.com

For large-screen HDTVs with motion blur reducing features, RTINGS is one of the better sites that tells you which ones have them. If you're looking for a "LightBoost"-similar motion blur reducing feature that is compatible with games (lower lag, no interpolation), they're currently the best source at this moment!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Manimal 5000

Post by Manimal 5000 » 01 Feb 2017, 12:04

I can't believe anybody honestly uses sony's impulse . I have the w802 and the flicker and dimming male it unusable to me though I wanted badly for it to work. To the O.P. definitely try before you buy.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Feb 2017, 20:33

Manimal 5000 wrote:I can't believe anybody honestly uses sony's impulse . I have the w802 and the flicker and dimming male it unusable to me though I wanted badly for it to work. To the O.P. definitely try before you buy.
The flicker is quite bad with 60Hz strobing, but there are users (Falkentyne, etc) that totally don't mind -- and the lack of motion blur made it similiar to LightBoost displays, except on a mega-sized screen. Everything is crystal clear at http://www.testufo.com/photo (normally very blurry) which can be pretty important for some people.

Yes, try before buy, although if you're buying a TV anyway...
(Motionflow Impulse can be turned off)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!