[FIXED] "ZOWIE" monitor not compatible with Strobe Utility

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: "ZOWIE" monitor not compatible with Strobe Utility

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Feb 2017, 17:32

It will still take some time, as we're redesigning the Blur Busters website first [!], keep tuned.
You can get Strobe Utility to work by:

1. Downgrade your monitor INF file to one that says "BENX XL2411T" instead of "Zowie XL Series" in Device Manager.
2. Run Strobe Utility in Administrator mode.

You can also hand-edit a Monitor INF file to say a different name in Device Manager, in order to force Strobe Utility to work again. (Just make sure you have the full model name, "XL2411T", somewhere in the string, in order for Strobe Utility to detect your monitor properly)

Alternatively, adjust using the Service Menu instead:
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2590
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Herz3h

Post by Herz3h » 12 Feb 2017, 14:01

Alright will use the driver rename trick thanks. I renamed my Zowie XL2411 to BenQ XL2411Z after disabling driver signature enforcement, but now it tells me i have firmware V1 when i'm running firmware V6, what to do?

Herz3h

Post by Herz3h » 12 Feb 2017, 16:01

Never mind i was actually able to change the settings even tho it told me i didn't have the right firmware. Thanks for the tip !!

manymifi

Post by manymifi » 15 Feb 2017, 21:30

Chief Blur Buster wrote:It will still take some time, as we're redesigning the Blur Busters website first [!], keep tuned.

1. Downgrade your monitor INF file to one that says "BENX XL2411T" instead of "Zowie XL Series" in Device Manager.

You can also hand-edit a Monitor INF file to say a different name in Device Manager, in order to force Strobe Utility to work again. (Just make sure you have the full model name, "XL2411T", somewhere in the string, in order for Strobe Utility to detect your monitor properly)

Hello Chief, im a fellow sufferer of the "Zowie XL Series" problem, and im obviously not as technical as the OP. I've been searching for how to downgrade your INF File on google and messed around abit on my PC, with no luck at all (properly just overseeing something).
I would be more than happy if you could explain to me step by step how to do so - I really think that this program would be a lovely addition to my gaming set-up :) .

Edit1: Hopefully it's not too much of a set back for you to help me. Your effort will be appreciated.

Edit2: 10 minutes after posting this i found out how to properly do it, for you guys that are struggling to find out do as following.

1. Download this driver > https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07LFf ... ZRQXc/view

2. Un-zip files to where you find fit.

3. Go to your device manager and delete your current "Zowie XL Series" driver.

4. Go to your newly downloaded "XL2411Z WIN10 WHQL driver" folder > click once on the "XL2411Z" (Installationinformation" then right click and "install"

5. Voila! You now downgraded so it displays as "XL2411Z" in drivers.

My recommendations Chief would be to pin this or make a new thread on it, so newly arrived people can find a "fix" easily. :D

Limo

Post by Limo » 27 Feb 2017, 07:43

manymifi wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:It will still take some time, as we're redesigning the Blur Busters website first [!], keep tuned.

Hello Chief, im a fellow sufferer of the "Zowie XL Series" problem, and im obviously not as technical as the OP. I've been searching for how to downgrade your INF File on google and messed around abit on my PC, with no luck at all (properly just overseeing something).
I would be more than happy if you could explain to me step by step how to do so - I really think that this program would be a lovely addition to my gaming set-up :) .

Edit1: Hopefully it's not too much of a set back for you to help me. Your effort will be appreciated.

Edit2: 10 minutes after posting this i found out how to properly do it, for you guys that are struggling to find out do as following.

1. Download this driver > https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07LFf ... ZRQXc/view

2. Un-zip files to where you find fit.

3. Go to your device manager and delete your current "Zowie XL Series" driver.

4. Go to your newly downloaded "XL2411Z WIN10 WHQL driver" folder > click once on the "XL2411Z" (Installationinformation" then right click and "install"

5. Voila! You now downgraded so it displays as "XL2411Z" in drivers.

My recommendations Chief would be to pin this or make a new thread on it, so newly arrived people can find a "fix" easily. :D
I have tried everything and my driver still shows up as "ZOWIE XL LCD(Digital)".What can I do?

kejkla

Post by kejkla » 05 Mar 2017, 12:22

It work for me if i have disabled intenet connection but as soon as i turn internet connection back, the monitor in device manager switch name back to ZOWIE XL LCD (Digital) again... :/ So annoying

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Mar 2017, 15:02

Good news.

I've got Strobe Utility updated already to support Zowie.

Next Step: Windows hates unsigned executables. The .EXE file needs to be digitally signed with a Blur Busters certificate! Blur Busters now needs a new Authenticode signing certificate (the old one is now expired) -- and that's a lot more involved, since a move later, I need to provide proof of business & location. This takes time and money.

ETA: Springtime 2017 for new version of Strobe Utility
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 08 Mar 2017, 05:57

Can't you just use unsigned for the moment or is that bad or something?

OKennobi

Post by OKennobi » 14 Mar 2017, 09:59

Guys i hat same problem with v4 and i menage to get the Utility work only by this way (try it so much more)
I just did prohibition on windows to update the driver i think this is not problem only when we use the Utility when we not turn it back I Hope will work for u too Uninstall this Monitor
Re: "ZOWIE" monitor and he will become Benq again. but if the drivers update is online it will update it back on.

croaky

Post by croaky » 14 Mar 2017, 22:57

OKennobi wrote:Guys i hat same problem with v4 and i menage to get the Utility work only by this way (try it so much more)
I just did prohibition on windows to update the driver i think this is not problem only when we use the Utility when we not turn it back I Hope will work for u too Uninstall this Monitor
Re: "ZOWIE" monitor and he will become Benq again. but if the drivers update is online it will update it back on.
I've got absolutly the same Problem im able to get it back to BenQ XL2411Z Driver but after secounds has gone it goes back to ZOWIE XL Driver.... I updated today my Firmware from V1 to V4

Here a picture https://www.dropbox.com/s/yogp305aqw3udhu/LOL.bmp?dl=0