Adjust colors in GSYNC / ULMB! [HOWTO]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
PiERiT

Re: Adjust colors in GSYNC / ULMB! [HOWTO]

Post by PiERiT » 22 Jan 2014, 17:47

Anyone have some good color settings? I've been forcing a color profile with Monitor Calibration Wizard, but I don't know if that sticks in every game.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 22 Jan 2014, 19:39

PiERiT wrote:Anyone have some good color settings? I've been forcing a color profile with Monitor Calibration Wizard, but I don't know if that sticks in every game.
I use the settings from the Toms Hardware review: 95, 92, 88 with 80 contrast and 0 brightness since this monitor is ridiculously bright. I also use the color profile from the PC Monitors review and adjust game gamma to the lowest setting, or very near it depending on how dark the game will allow. I do keep the monitor at 120 Hz though so the results may not be quite as good at 144 Hz. The amount of gamma bleaching and contrast reduction at 144 Hz is just too much for me.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 02 Feb 2014, 15:38

I'd also like to add that it would be nice to have overdrive adjustment on the G-sync board. It seems to be tuned a bit too high resulting in pretty significant inverse ghosting, though not nearly as bad as TraceFree=100 with the original electronics. It's enough that it seems like it's resulting in a bit of a stroboscopic effect in high contrast areas when G-sync is active around 100 fps.

gib

Post by gib » 03 Feb 2014, 16:47

Hi all,

Just installed my g-sync module over the weekend. Has anyone else noticed that this new lightboost (ULMB) mode doesn't seem to be quite as good as ToastyX's implementation was at 10% brightness and the original circuit boards?

I just noticed it last night, with ULMB turned on using Windows, I was moving around a little command prompt window full of white text. If I moved the box around quickly the text was not as crisp. Pretty sure with Toasty's implementation I could read the text much easier!

Is it me? Or the lack of PWM maybe? I have that softMCCS program but even with luminance lowered all the way it's not as good to my eyes. Hrm.
Last edited by gib on 03 Feb 2014, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 03 Feb 2014, 16:48

gib wrote:Just installed my g-sync module over the weekend. Has anyone else noticed that this new lightboost (ULMB) mode doesn't seem to be quite as good as ToastyX's implementation was at 10% brightness and the original circuit boards?
I believe ULMB is about equal to Lightboost 60% so it won't be quite as sharp. Hopefully a firmware update will allow us to adjust the strobe length in the future.

gib

Post by gib » 03 Feb 2014, 16:51

Ah okay, well that makes perfect sense. Thank you! I'll be hoping for that as well. :)

ZmillA

Post by ZmillA » 06 Feb 2014, 12:41

I really hope someone is working on a hack for the ULMB mode. It's disappointing that it's not as good as 10% lightboost (which is what i used)

That said, I'd probably still stick with gsync for gaming. 10% lightboost made browsing certain forums way better.