What functions of the VG248Q are lost after G-sync upgrade?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
MrBrown

What functions of the VG248Q are lost after G-sync upgrade?

Post by MrBrown » 05 Feb 2014, 08:12

Hello,

I asked it in the news already, but I thought I'd ask it in the forum too.

So what functions are lost after G-sync upgrade in the Asus VG248Q?

I assume the overdrive setting is gone, and you can not tweak the overdrive any more. The additional HDMI/DVI inputs are gone. The Asus crosshair and timer is gone. Is that all correct?

For me those are the reasons I will probably wait for a proper Asus G-Sync monitor or Benq monitor. Since I have a PS4 on my computer desk and switch inputs alot, having only 1 input is unacceptable for me. Also I want to be able to adjust the overdrive.
Falkentynes BenQ Service Menu thread: http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467

nimbulan

Re: What functions of the VG248Q are lost after G-sync upgra

Post by nimbulan » 06 Feb 2014, 14:23

The only function the G-sync board has on the OSD is brightness and ULMB toggle. Contrast and RGB adjustment can be accessed through software. All other functions including sound and OSD features are gone.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: What functions of the VG248Q are lost after G-sync upgra

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Feb 2014, 00:05

For console users who need a multi-input monitor, there are solutions coming -- keep tuned!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!