CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
lexlazootin

Re: CSGO feels like 60hz

Post by lexlazootin » 25 Aug 2017, 00:28

Please don't recommend random display drivers and random and scaling tweaks with no verification. Btw almost all the bogus things R0ach says is pretty much untrue. Don't waste your time with configuring your system with bs registry tweaks and bios settings.

If you want to fix your problem record a Frametimes benchmark with fraps at 144fps max and uncapped, if their is any problem we should be able to plot it on a graph and see it.

Kulagin

Post by Kulagin » 25 Aug 2017, 04:50

crankz wrote:Ive deleted all windows apps.
Im using the 372.90 driver and using the nvidia settings for performance. Ive also always installed drivers that way.
Im using -freq 144 -tickrate 128 -novid and -high as it gives me like a 15% fps boost.
I cant change from gpu to display scalling even after creating a custom reso at 143hz...

Ive used that tool and changed everything to msi mode besides the realtek driver has recommended by people on r0ach guide.

Thanks for the help...
Soooo... What you haven't said till now is that you have a highly tweaked system. That's why this happens:
crankz wrote:When ever i re-install windows or game (sometimes) it feels good for a few days then it goes back to the same...
My guess that the problem is somewhere in one of your numerous tweaks. Do you by any chance using setTimerResolution service? If you do, delete it, when CSGO is launched, timer resolution is changed to the lowest value possible(0.5ms on the most PCs AFAIK), anyway.

What about timers in BIOS and Windows?(if someone is reading this and thinks HPET is a placebo, I dare you to come here and tell us). What's state of the timers in Windows and BIOS?

crankz

Post by crankz » 27 Aug 2017, 17:25

I think its hardware related... cuz some days it feels good, others feels really crap...
Also when i move my mouse slowly i have like 20 Hz but if i move fast i have 900-1000
I have HPET disabled as it gives me alot less dpc latency.

crankz

Post by crankz » 07 Sep 2017, 12:03

bump

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 07 Sep 2017, 12:20

Is your Benq in instant mode?

Have you tried a different mouse?

If you want to fix your problem record a Frametimes benchmark with fraps at 144fps max and uncapped, if their is any problem we should be able to plot it on a graph and see it.

You haven't told us what the problem is that you're having. Saying "it feels like crap" doesn't do anything to help. Using out of date drivers is dumb and everything that R0ach says is also really stupid as he falls for confirmation bias and doesn't backup anything he says.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 07 Sep 2017, 12:46

crankz wrote: Also when i move my mouse slowly i have like 20 Hz but if i move fast i have 900-1000
That, at least, is perfectly normal to see when measuring the polling rate with those programs.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

crankz

Post by crankz » 07 Sep 2017, 21:11

lexlazootin wrote:Is your Benq in instant mode?

Have you tried a different mouse?

You haven't told us what the problem is that you're having. Saying "it feels like crap" doesn't do anything to help. Using out of date drivers is dumb and everything that R0ach says is also really stupid as he falls for confirmation bias and doesn't backup anything he says.

yes it is.
Nope, i only have a SS Rival atm...
ill do it
My game just feels heavy as fuck like i dont have +200 fps or 144hz, mouse feels laggy, peaking corners feels sluggish... when i reinstall windows it feels good for a few days then it goes back to crap... Also sometimes when i reinstall csgo it feels good for a few days then boom... or if i keep my pc off for some days it gets good then again bad...
I have +2500 elo at faceit, playing on a high team and my stats are ultra inconsistent cuz i cant play at this level when ever i have lags.

Its hardware for sure or a bios settings thats fucking me up

mello

Post by mello » 08 Sep 2017, 04:34

crankz wrote: Its hardware for sure or a bios settings thats fucking me up
And... what kind of a connection do you have ? I know from experience that the problem you are describing might not be hardware related. Other people might just refer to it as having poor hit registration, laggy feel, non smooth aiming. I was trying to fix this problem myself for years by changing and upgrading my hardware (including routers, ethernet cables), but deep inside i always new that the problem was a shitty connection... It all comes down to UDP packets, how your ISP is handling and prioritizing UDP packets, and how overloaded your ISP network is during different hours in a day. Ping isn't everything, you can have low ping but still have problems that many people describe in many different ways.
crankz wrote: When ever i re-install windows or game (sometimes) it feels good for a few days then it goes back to the same...
This might be, and probably is, a placebo. Whenever you apply a "fix" it "might" work temporarly (at least you feel it does), and then you have guides created by people that have 50 different ways to improve game performance and "fix" bad hit registration / laggy feel in counter-strike, which none of them really work.

Basically, you might experience different level of performance during different hours in a day, all of it depends on how many people are using internet in your area at the same time (peek hours are the worst most of the time), and how overloaded your ISP network is. There is no fix for that, switching to a different ISP won't work, switching for a different internet plan won't work. The only thing you can do is to move to a different place or stop trying to focus on competitive play over the internet.

This also brings us to the most important thing in gaming over the internet. You might have high end set up, gaming mouse, gaming keyboard, gaming headset and high end gaming monitor, but none of it will make a difference if you have a bad internet connection. A pro player playing in your home will no longer be a pro player, because a bad connection will basically make him handicapped and he will not be able to play at elite level anymore.

crankz

Post by crankz » 10 Sep 2017, 15:58

Its not internet related cuz ive lived on other house and i had the same issue... played on a lan event today and it felt like i was playing another game lmao... super smooth it was like i even had more dpis

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 11 Sep 2017, 06:20

It's your mouse or monitor.

if it's not that you are just fooling yourself.