Titanfall [frame capped to 60fps]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
hashtonkutcher

Titanfall [frame capped to 60fps]

Post by hashtonkutcher » 15 Feb 2014, 10:53

Anyone else w gsync playing this Beta? The game's fps is supposedly locked to your displays refresh rate, and it seems when you have gsync enabled the game selects 60hz as the "default" if you could call it that. So basically when I play Titanfall with Gsync enabled I'm stuck at 60fps. Bummer.

Also.... Are developers seriously gonna keep doing this to PC gamers?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Titanfall

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Feb 2014, 10:57

hashtonkutcher wrote:Anyone else w gsync playing this Beta? The game's fps is supposedly locked to your displays refresh rate, and it seems when you have gsync enabled the game selects 60hz as the "default" if you could call it that. So basically when I play Titanfall with Gsync enabled I'm stuck at 60fps. Bummer.
This is a beta -- and betas invite feedback -- why don't you report the bug to the developers?

Ideally, it should attempt to sync to the maximum refresh rate that G-SYNC is set at (e.g. 144fps), and let G-SYNC handle smoothing-out any frame rate slowdowns.

(ManuelG at NVIDIA, you might want to give them a call, too.)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

hashtonkutcher

Post by hashtonkutcher » 15 Feb 2014, 11:07

Point taken, reporting it now. I can't be the only one getting tired of all these games with locked framerates and what have you though.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Feb 2014, 11:17

I've added it to Hall Of Shame for now:
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic ... 2974#p2974
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Haste

Post by Haste » 15 Feb 2014, 11:41

Chief Blur Buster wrote:I've added it to Hall Of Shame for now:
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic ... 2974#p2974
Excellent initiative! I'll help with populating it.

Hope they resolve this issue with TitanFall, as it looks like a pretty fast paced FPS.
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

WeRGod

Re: Titanfall [frame capped to 60fps]

Post by WeRGod » 16 Feb 2014, 09:16

hashtonkutcher wrote:Anyone else w gsync playing this Beta? The game's fps is supposedly locked to your displays refresh rate, and it seems when you have gsync enabled the game selects 60hz as the "default" if you could call it that. So basically when I play Titanfall with Gsync enabled I'm stuck at 60fps. Bummer.

Also.... Are developers seriously gonna keep doing this to PC gamers?
This may help: http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comme ... ity_issue/

nimbulan

Re: Titanfall [frame capped to 60fps]

Post by nimbulan » 17 Feb 2014, 19:57

Titanfall uses a 60 fps limit with vsync off but lets the framerate go higher with vsync on. This unfortunately leads to horrendous microstuttering, at least in my case. For some reason the frame limiting behavior seems to be opposite on certain hardware or with certain settings such as insane textures.