Anything To Help Dimness on Zowie (BenQ) XL2430?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Allemande

Anything To Help Dimness on Zowie (BenQ) XL2430?

Post by Allemande » 28 Jan 2018, 10:20

I have an idea of what strobing is and blur reduction, but how do I use blur-reduction on my new XL2430 (NOT XL2430T--this is the latest model). The blur reduction dims the screen to a point where it is nearly impracticable to see and play on. I only play CSGO (comp.). So, do you guys have any programs that would allow me to turn Blur Reduction on on my monitor and have the same, brightly lit screen? Even on 100 brightness, the screen is too dark to play on. WTF? How could the idiots at Zowie make a product with Blur Reduction like this and allow it to be released? Have they seen what it looks like themselves in testing, if they even did so?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Anything To Help Dimness on Zowie (BenQ) XL2430?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Jan 2018, 11:39

Blur reduction is a form of black frame insertion, via a hardware-based strobe backlight technique -- and necessarily dims the screen. Special techniques are needed to keep it bright.

The products with BenQ Zowie official motion blur reduction are called "DyAc". Those are the ones Zowie wants you to buy if you love blur reduction.

XL2430 does not have bright blur reduction, and is mainly considered a bonus feature.

If you like blur reduction as the primary feature, the 240Hz XL2546 ("DyAc") is significantly brighter, as are certain other displays with boosted strobing.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

mello

Re: Anything To Help Dimness on Zowie (BenQ) XL2430?

Post by mello » 28 Jan 2018, 15:59

Not a real solution by any means, but you should try GammaAdjuster and setting gamma level above 2,50 or 3,00.
This is good enough for CSGO and you should be able to see everything, even in a dark places.