XL2546 Strobe Utility

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Houd

XL2546 Strobe Utility

Post by Houd » 30 Oct 2017, 17:17

Hey.

Tried the strobe utility and I'm not sure I can see the difference. However I toyed around with it and closed the program.

Now when I start it up again it launches default with "Enable" unchecked.

Persistence and Crosstalk Area are at a random set point - not sure it's the same place i left it at.

Do the program hard save the settings I choose once I close the program? And if I want to revert back to default how is that done?

Also when I move the Persistance slider from clearer motion to brighter screen it gets darker. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

metalzone84

Re: XL2546 Strobe Utility

Post by metalzone84 » 02 Nov 2017, 07:47

Houd wrote:Hey.

Tried the strobe utility and I'm not sure I can see the difference. However I toyed around with it and closed the program.

Now when I start it up again it launches default with "Enable" unchecked.

Persistence and Crosstalk Area are at a random set point - not sure it's the same place i left it at.

Do the program hard save the settings I choose once I close the program? And if I want to revert back to default how is that done?

Also when I move the Persistance slider from clearer motion to brighter screen it gets darker. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
I have the same problem. Help

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Nov 2017, 13:33

This is a known bug. The scale is reversed compared to other Zowie series.

For Crosstalk, go to http://www.testufo.com/crosstalk. Slide the slider while watching the test. You'll see the double-image ghosting shift upwards/downwards. Position the crosstalk so the center of screen is clearest (where your crosshairs is).

A new version, Version 1.6 will be better for XL2540/XL2546 users.

Keep tuned for Version 1.6
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Houd

Post by Houd » 05 Feb 2018, 15:51

Tried to re-test. I don't experience any difference in ghosting when using the sliders in various positions. Only the brightness of the screen changes. Not sure I understand the tool properly.

When does 1.6 arrive?

zigo

Post by zigo » 18 Feb 2018, 10:19

hi i am going to buy the benq 2540 do you recommend it??

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Feb 2018, 15:01

zigo wrote:hi i am going to buy the benq 2540 do you recommend it??
I already replied here and here.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!