Screen cut out

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Nealb90

Screen cut out

Post by Nealb90 » 03 Feb 2014, 20:48

So I've had GSYNC installed for a couple of weeks now and every now and again (at least happens once every time I play a game) the screen will cutout to black as if the signal has been lost.

Has anybody else experienced this? It's really quick, no longer than a second.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Screen cut out

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Feb 2014, 21:34

Nealb90 wrote:So I've had GSYNC installed for a couple of weeks now and every now and again (at least happens once every time I play a game) the screen will cutout to black as if the signal has been lost.
Does this happen during random moments, or only during certain moments such as when you get killed (e.g. Battlefield 4 -- there's a fix available for that: Go into the menus and re-select the resolution)

If during random moments, which graphics drivers are you using?
If it's not a software based issue, it might possibly be a loose connection, too -- reseating the connectors may help.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Nealb90

Post by Nealb90 » 03 Feb 2014, 21:50

It seems to be at random moments. I am currently running the newest Nvidia beta drivers and have noticed it in resident evil 5 and 6 (that's what I've mainly been playing).

I'll unplug and reconnect the display port and see if it helps at all.

shadman

Post by shadman » 04 Feb 2014, 01:07

Make sure to push it in and really connect. I read that another user felt the cable click into place, but it did not actually connect all the way and they had to push it into place, and that helped with their problems.

PoWn3d_0704

Post by PoWn3d_0704 » 04 Feb 2014, 19:44

Same happens for me. Randomly get screen blacks, but sometimes its only the top 1850 pixel lines and the bottom 70 lines will still stream video. PC acts like nothing has happened. Other times I get the rainbow on the bottom of the screen when it happens.

Really only seen it done about 3 or 4 times since I got GSync.
Asus VG248QE with GSync. Blur Busters GSync Contest Winner.

GhostOrange

Post by GhostOrange » 18 Feb 2014, 17:00

Nealb90 wrote:So I've had GSYNC installed for a couple of weeks now and every now and again (at least happens once every time I play a game) the screen will cutout to black as if the signal has been lost.

I had this exact issue the same day I installed G-Sync.

The DP cable I received didn't have a firm grip on the port on my GTX 770. I used a pair of pliers and lightly squeezed down. Don't worry, the cable connector has some natural flex to it. Make sure it connects without rocking up and down.